Are you interested to conduct research in the Classics including language, literature history, and cultures from ancient Greece and Rome? Then, this Woolley Memorial Postgraduate Research Scholarships in Classics might be for you! It is offered by the University of Sydney in Australia for the academic year 2022-2023.
This scholarship application is made available to all international and Australian national students that want to apply for a PhD in Classics and Ancient History at the School of Humanities of the University of Sydney. Selected students will be awarded an annual stipend for up to 3.5 years of study.
The scholarship includes exciting benefits that will enhance the university learning experience.
User Review( votes)
The University of Sydney is a public research university ranking 38th in QS Global World Rankings and 27th in Best Global Universities. It believes in education for all and leadership that improves lives in all of the communities served.
Why should you choose to study at the University of Sydney? The University of Sydney is an internationally known university consistently ranked in the top 50 universities in the world to be a leader in education, research, student experience, and graduate employability.
Application Deadline: Application for this scholarship can be made by 2nd May 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Sydney
- Department: School of Humanities
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Stipend
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: All domestic and international students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD in Classics and Ancient History at the School of Humanities at the University of Sydney can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be enrolled, intending to apply, applied for admission, have a conditional or unconditional offer of admission to study full-time.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants are required to log in to the official online portal of the university and complete their admission application. To apply for the scholarship, students must click on ‘Apply here’ under the ‘How to apply section.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Two referee report
- Research proposal
- Academic transcripts
- Student visa
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have both undergraduate and honours degree in a relevant field of study.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS (Academic) – 7.0
- TOEFL iBT – 96
- PTE Academic – 68
The selected candidates will be provided a scholarship including a stipend allowance equivalent to the University of Sydney Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend rate for up to 3.5 years