Water-People-Agriculture offers PhD Positionsfor highly qualified and motivated MSc graduates who are interested in starting a scientific career on water-related research topics at the University of Hohenheim in Germany. National and international applicants are eligible to apply for this application program.
Scholarship funds, at a basic rate of 1300 Euro/month are available for a period of 36 months. WPA additionally offers the opportunity to support successful research projects with limited research funds.
Admirable opportunity for international applicants.
User Review( votes)
Individual and unique: this is how the University of Hohenheim as a highly specialized and the oldest university of Stuttgart. Today, the University of Hohenheim in Germany no. 1 in Agricultural Research and Food Sciences, as well as strong and unique in nature, economic, social, and communication sciences. The combination allows solutions from a single source for many global challenges. Therefore, the University maintains a global network of many strong partners.
- Application Deadline: 31 October 2019
- Course Level: award is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: award is awarded to students who are interested in starting a scientific career on water-related research topics. The grant is awarded for the topic “integrative solutions to water issues and conflicts”. The grant is awarded various research topics. Applicants can choose from the list of topics.
- Award: Scholarship funds, at a basic rate of 1300 Euro/month are available for a period of 36 months. WPA additionally offers the opportunity to support the successful research projects with limited research funds.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: National, as well as international applicants
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: National, as well as international applicants, are eligible to apply for this application programme.
- Entrance Requirements: The applicant for a WPA PhD scholarship must
- Submit a high quality proposal addressing one of the research topics open for application. Follow this link to see the “List of research topics” open for application ;
- Be accepted as PhD-Student by the responsible faculty at the University of Hohenheim in order to take up your WPA scholarship. You do NOT need the admission as a PhD student before you submit your proposal to WPA but the program cannot be awarded in case the faculty reject you as a PhD student.
- Foreign students must provide English language certificates to the faculty during the PhD admission process (this can be done in case your PhD proposal was selected for funding). If you cannot prove the required English language abilities to the faculty, the WPA scholarship cannot be awarded.
- select the WPA doctoral school “water for life” as PhD study program after admission as a PhD student;
- Be able to conduct innovative research;
- Be an outstanding personality and have excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit;
- Be able and willing to work well in an interdisciplinary, multicultural environment with individuals from different scientific, societal and cultural backgrounds and with organizations from the public, private and civil society sector;
- Be available for the entire period of the PhD program.
- English Language Requirements: Foreign students must provide English language certificates to the faculty during the PhD admission process (this can be done in case your PhD proposal was selected for funding). If you cannot prove the required English language abilities to the faculty, the WPA scholarship cannot be awarded.
How to Apply: Please send WPA all documents of your application in one e-mail. None of the documents should exceed a file size of 5 MB. Please compile all documents into two PDF files:
- File 1: completed application form;
- File 2: scanned cover letter and scanned copies of all relevant certificates obtained and passport photo;
- the two recommendation letters should be sent separately (scanned) by the referees!!!
Please name all files in a systematic way: <applicant’s last name – WPA – file number>. To transform the documents into PDF one can download “FreePDF” as freeware.
Please submit all these documents to water4use-at-uni-hohenheim.de (only to this mail address!), no later than the announced deadline at the homepage.