The University of Queensland is offering WSP Scholarship for Women in Engineering. Australian students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The purpose of the Scholarship is to encourage and support female students who have been educationally disadvantaged as a result of their financial circumstances and/or geographic isolation to undertake their first year of the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) or the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) / Master of Engineering program.
User Review( votes)
The University of Queensland is a public research university primarily located in Queensland’s capital city, Brisbane, Australia. Founded in 1909 by the state parliament, UQ is Australia’s fifth oldest university and is colloquially known as a sandstone university.
- Application Deadline: 11 March 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to study Undergraduate Program.
- Study Subject: Undergraduate Engineering Program.
- Number of scholarship: Number not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Australian students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Entrance Requirement: An applicant is eligible for the scholarship if the applicant –
(a) submits an application to the Associate Dean, by the closing date for applications; and
(b) is a female student; and
(c) is a domestic student in accordance with The University’s Fee Policy; and
(d) is enrolled full-time in the first year of the Approved Undergraduate Engineering Program; and
(e) can provide documentary evidence of financial disadvantage and/or geographic isolation; and
(f) does not hold another scholarship that the Associate Dean considers to be similar.
- How to Apply: Applicant must complete the Faculty of EAIT on-line application form.The Online Application form and documentation for 2019 WSP Scholarship for Women in Engineering must be submitted by 11 pm Monday 11 March 2019. Late applications will NOT be considered. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
This online application may take up to 5-10 minutes.
Step 2: Uploading supporting Documentation/Evidence
Prior to commencing your application, you may wish to prepare your supporting documents prior to completing your Online Application Form –
1. A cover letter addressed to Associate Professor Peter Sutton, Associate Dean (Academic), Faculty of EAIT.
2. A copy of your resume of no more than 2 x double-sided A4 pages.
3. A copy of your most recent Year 12 Report Card.
You will combine all of the above documents to one pdf file. Save your pdf file separated by underscores as follows: SurnameFirst name_WSP (for example) SmithJane_WSP.
A requirement of this scholarship is that you will also provide a copy of your Australian Taxation Office notice for 2017/2018 for yourself and/or guardian/s together with a copy of your Centrelink Notice or Youth Allowance.