Xi’an Jiaotong University is delighted to offer ASEAN funding for International Students to study in China. Applicants from ASEAN countries: Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, Brunei, Vietnam, Lao, Myanmar and Cambodia are eligible to apply for this application programme.
In order to promote the influence of international education and nourishment of Chinese language education of international students from ASEAN countries, Xi’an Jiaotong University set “ASEAN funding for International Students” to attract more outstanding ASEAN country’s international high school graduates to come to XJTU for Chinese language bachelor study.
User Review( votes)
Xi’an Jiaotong University, a national key university under the direct jurisdiction of the Ministry of Education, is one of the country’s oldest institutions of higher learning. Xi’an Jiaotong University is a comprehensive research university offering programs in nine areas—science, engineering, medicine, economics, management, art, law, philosophy and education—with a major emphasis on science and engineering.
Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue bachelor degree programme.
Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study the Chinese language.
Award: Scholarship of 13,000 RMB for one year will be awarded. Note: Scholarship quota is 5 students.
Number of Awards: Scholarship quota is 5 students.
The award can be taken in China
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the opportunity :
- Under the age of 30, in good health condition;
- Non-Chinese citizens with valid ASEAN country passport;
- Have high school diploma with good grades and apply for Chinese language bachelor program;
- Not be in receipt of any other types of scholarship.
- Full-time ASEAN country international freshmen in Chinese Language Bachelor Program
- (ASEAN country: Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, Brunei, Vietnam, Lao, Myanmar and Cambodia)
Nationality: Applicants from ASEAN countries: Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, Brunei, Vietnam, Lao, Myanmar and Cambodia are eligible to apply for this application programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have high school diploma with good grades and apply for Chinese language bachelor program.
English language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Application Procedure:
- Xi’an Jiaotong University Application Form for international students (Downloaded after online application)
- Notarized copies of senior high school graduation diploma (Student expecting to graduate should provide an official letter declaring expected graduation date), either in Chinese or English;
- Notarized copies of high school academic transcripts, including courses taken and standard achieved;
- Photocopies of valid passport (passport type must be ordinary)
- Bank receipt of Application fee. Application fee: RMB500 (non-refundable, account information: Account for CNY, Account for Other Currencies; for the application fee payment, applicants should add personal information in the format of “School of International Education + Name + Passport Number” and give us the bank receipt with the information printed on it.
- Log in to register your application account, do the online application.
- Scan the application documents and upload into the application system.
- Pay the application fee and upload the receipt into the application system.
- Application complete.
Application Deadline: award is open for the 2017-2018 academic year.