The Ministry of Environment of Korea is offering Global Environment Scholarship Program (GESP). Scholarships are designed to support graduate studies program for researchers working in the environment or related fields in Korea’s partnering countries.
The main goal of GESP is to support the training of key personnel who have the capacity to lead the sustainable economic and social development of their partnering countries through the transfer of Korea’s know-how and experiences in environmental improvement.
A great choice to get a degree with financial help in Korea.
User Review( votes)
Korea Environmental Industry and Technology Institute (KEITI) is a quasi-government organization affiliated with the Ministry of Environment of Korea for the purpose of developing environmental technology and executing government policies for nurturing the environmental industry.
University or Organization: The Ministry of Environment of Korea
Course Level: Graduate studies
Award: Full Tuition
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Target countries
The program can be taken in Korea
Application Deadline: Closed
- Be a citizen of the Scholarship Program target countries.
- Be a government/municipality official, researchers in affiliated agencies or institutions or faculty of environment study in national universities with more than three years of working experience in his/her home country with a Bachelor’s Degree or higher. Forest Resources and Ecological Restoration major applicants should hold a bachelor’s degree in Natural Science, Agriculture, Forestry or other related areas
- Possibly work in a related field for at least two years after the completion of this program.
- Be nominated (or recommended) by his or her Government.
- Have sufficient command of both spoken & written English to take classes conducted in English.
- Be preferably under 45 years of age in good health, both physically and mentally in order to complete the program. (* Pregnancy is regarded as a disqualifying condition for participation in this program. Having Tuberculosis or any kind of contagious disease is regarded as a disqualifying condition for participation in this program.)
- Not be a person who has previously been withdrawn from KEITI’s scholarship program. A person belonging to the institution in which candidates submitted false documents and returned to his/her country in the middle of SP (Scholarship Program) cannot apply
- Scholarships are awarded in the environment or related fields.
- Be qualified for the requirements identified by Yeungnam University and KEITI.
- Should agree to return to his/her home country after completion of study under this program
Nationality: Citizen of Scholarship Program target countries are eligible to apply.
List of Countries: Asia: Brunei, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Macao, Mongol, Oman, Bahrain, Turkey, Uzbekistan; Africa: Botswana, Cape Verde, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Sao Tome and Principe, South Africa, Swaziland, Seychelles; Europe: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Malta, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italia, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, Ukraine; America: Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Colombia, Costa Rica, Commonwealth of Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Honduras, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Nicaragua, USA, Venezuela; Oceania: Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Marshall Island, New Zealand, Niue, Samoa, Tonga.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: All of the following application materials should be sent to Korea Environmental Industry & Technology Institute (KEITI) directly. (NOTE) All forms and documents have to be submitted by both email and post by the above due date. And they first have to be submitted as electronic copies via email.
- Supporting Documents: Students must have provided KEITI Application Form, PSPS Application Form, Official Letter of Nomination form, Certificate of Graduation (to be) / Bachelor’s Degree, Official Transcripts with Grading system page (or full GPA information), Official Report of English Proficiency Test (TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS) Or Any English Proficiency document, Curriculum Vitae, Photocopy of Passport, Two Photos, 3X4 cm (with white?colored background)
- Admission Requirement: Basic requirements for the master’s degree
- Enrolment for four semesters
- Completing the master’s degree course work of at least 27 credits (Major 21 and Core 9) and earn 3 credits in the Thesis Research course in the 4th semester
- Passing the comprehensive examination
- Thesis or research report to be accepted by the Thesis Committee
- Language Requirement: Pass the Korean Language Exam
Official Korean Proficiency Test
KLAT: Level 3 or above
TOPIK: Level 3 or above
Korean Language Special Course at the Korean Language Institute (KLI), Yeungnam University: 70 or above
Benefit: The following expenses will be covered by KEITI during the participant’s stay in Korea.
- Full Tuition
- Accommodation (the dormitory of an academic institute)
- Living allowance (including meals): KRW 999,000 per month
- Travel expenses (airfare): Round-trip economy class ticket
- Miscellaneous travel expenses: KRW 200,000 upon arrival
- Korean Language class: full coverage
- Textbook and materials: KRW 800,000
- Study visit & field trip, etc. during the program
- A medical checkup after the entrance
- Overseas travel insurance, etc.
In addition, participants may be invited to a special event organized by KEITI with the aim of promoting friendship among each other and understanding about Korea during the program.