The Yiddish Book Center is now accepting applications for its Fellowship Program for the high-potential applicants in the US. Yiddish Book Center fellows spend a year as full-time staff members, learning valuable professional skills and contributing to the Center’s major projects. Each fellow receives a stipend of $30,000 plus health insurance.
The fellowship offers recent college graduates with intermediate or advanced Yiddish skills the opportunity to develop valuable professional experience while working as full-time members of the Center’s staff.
The Yiddish Book Center is a nonprofit organization working to tell the whole Jewish story by rescuing, translating, and disseminating Yiddish books and presenting innovative educational programs that broaden the understanding of modern Jewish identity.
- Application Deadline: Open
- Course Level: It is a one-year fellowship program.
- Study Subject: Fellows spend a year as a full-time staff learning valuable professional skills and contributing to the Center’s major projects.
- Scholarship Award: The Fellows receive a stipend ($30,000), group health insurance (80% paid by the employer, 20% by employee), and paid holidays, vacation, and sick days.
- Number of Scholarships: Three to five fellows each year.
- Nationality: US and international
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: Fellowship is open for both US and international candidates.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants should be recent college graduates with a strong background in Jewish studies or related disciplines, a working knowledge of Yiddish, a commitment to Yiddish language and culture, and a demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Fellowship s available in the following areas:
- Communications and Publication
- Digital Collections
- Educational Programs
- Yiddish Education
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply:
- Completed application form including your CV/Resume
- Official academic transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate work sent directly by the college or university.
- Three reference letters (including at least one from an academic instructor and at least one from a professional supervisor), sent directly by the recommenders.
- Transcripts and three letters of reference should be sent electronically to Phoenix Wyatt, education program assistant, at [email protected]