If you are keen on gaining local work experience in Japan, then the Yokatopia Scholarships for International Students offered by the Fukuoka City International Foundation is an opportunity you should consider applying for. The applications for this scholarship are open for the academic year 2022-2023.
Postgraduate students or undergraduate students in their second year or above enrolled at a university in the Fukuoka Metropolitan Area are eligible to apply for this scholarship opportunity. The winners can expect an award worth 60,000 yen per month for up to a year.
Amazing opportunity to get financial assistance in Japan.
User Review( votes)
The Fukuoka City International Foundation results from a merger between The Yokatopia Foundation and the Fukuoka International Association on 14th April 2014. The foundation is committed to achieving international level standards with the help of its students.
Fukuoka City International Foundation commemorates the success of the Asian-Pacific Exposition – Fukuoka ’89, while simultaneously promoting international exchange in Fukuoka, making the most of our city’s history, culture, and other attributes. It has a variety of programs through which it strives towards the realization of a multicultural society – one in which it can deepen mutual understanding on an international level.
Application Deadline: Students must observe the application deadline of the university they wish to apply to. Students are suggested to apply by the recruitment period, i.e., from early April to early May.
- University or Organization: Fukuoka City International Foundation
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Postgraduate
- Award: 60,000 yen
- Number of Awards: 6
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Japan.
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for any postgraduate or undergraduate programme of choice offered at a university located in the Fukuoka Metropolitan Area.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be enrolled in a university in the Fukuoka Metropolitan Area.
- The applicants’ total received scholarship amount, including this scholarship, does not exceed the amount of the MEXT (Monbukagakusho) Scholarship.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must first apply to their desired university for a study programme of choice. Then, apply to Fukuoka City International Foundation through their university to consider the scholarship opportunity.
- Supporting Documents: The students must submit documents like official transcripts, copy of passport, recommendation letter, personal statement, etc., as demanded by the university at the time of application.
- Admission Requirements: Students are required to meet the entry and academic and course-specific requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the language requirements, both Japanese and English, if any, of the desired university.
The foundation will offer the six selected candidates 60,000 Yen per month towards their undergraduate or postgraduate study in the applied university in Japan.