The Massey University is inviting applications for Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowships. Women of any nationality pursuing a Ph.D./doctoral degree who demonstrate a superior academic record in the field of aerospace-applied sciences or aerospace-applied engineering are eligible.
Established in 1938, Zonta International’s Amelia Earhart Fellowships memorialize famed air pioneer and Zontian, Amelia Earhart, who disappeared over the Pacific in 1937.
User Review( votes)
Zonta International encourages and supports women to expand their horizons by pursuing degrees and careers in aerospace-applied sciences or aerospace-applied engineering. In the program’s 80-year history, Zonta has awarded 1,573 Amelia Earhart Fellowships, totalling more than US$10 million, to 1,144 Fellows representing 73 countries.
- Application Deadline: November 15, 2019
- Course Level: award is available to pursue a Ph.D./Doctoral Degree program.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded to study in aerospace-related sciences and aerospace-related engineering.
- Award: It is anticipated that 35 Fellowships of US$10,000 each will be awarded in 2019.
- Number of Awards: 35 Fellowships will be awarded in 2019.
- Nationality: International Students can apply for these endowments.
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
Eligibility for the opportunity :
- Eligible Countries: International Students can apply for these endowments
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria
- The Amelia Earhart Fellowship is awarded annually to women pursuing Ph.D./doctoral degrees in aerospace-related sciences and aerospace-related engineering.
- Women’s of any nationality are eligible to apply.
- To apply for the Amelia Earhart Fellowship, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be registered full-time Ph.D./doctoral programme in the qualifying area of science or engineering closely related to advanced studies in aerospace-related science or aerospace-related engineering at the time the application is submitted.
To apply for the Amelia Earhart Fellowship, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- A letter of acceptance or verification of enrolment must be submitted with the application.
- Demonstrate a superior academic record at a recognized university or college with accredited courses in aerospace-related studies as verified by official transcripts and recommendations.
- In programs where graduate transcripts are not provided as a matter of institutional policy, applicants should provide a statement that policy from the registrar or another school official.
- note that electronic transcripts will not be accepted.
- Provide evidence of well-defined research program in aerospace-related science or aerospace-related engineering as described in the application essay (in general scientific terms), academic documents and publications
- Clearly, demonstrate the relationship of the research to aerospace and furnish verification of research program through at least one of the reference letters required with the application (i.e. research supervisor or advisor must be one of the referees).
How to Apply: Complete an official application in English (may be printed or downloaded from the Zonta International website. The Zonta International Amelia Earhart Fellowship Committee reviews the applications and recommends recipients to the Zonta International Board. All applicants will be notified of their status by the end of April.