Applications are invited for the Zuckerman Postdoctoral Scholars Program to do research at one of seven Israeli universities. These programs are aimed at strengthening the scholars’ knowledge of and connection to Israel, and at cultivating an esprit de corps within the program, enabling them to exchange ideas and foster new relationships.
The Zuckerman Postdoctoral Scholars Program attracts high-achieving postdoctoral scholars from premier universities in the United States to do research at one of seven Israeli universities. Five postdoctoral scholarships will be given out per participating university for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Worthy opportunity for applicants to do research in one of seven Israeli universities.
User Review( votes)
The Zuckerman STEM Leadership Program supports future generations of leaders in science, technology, engineering, and math in the United States and Israel and, over time, fosters greater collaboration between the world’s most advanced scientific research centers.
- Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted through March 30, 2020.
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Candidates for the Zuckerman STEM Leadership Program are assessed based on their academic and research achievements, as well as on personal merit and leadership qualities, without regard to race, religion, gender, ethnicity, or age.
- Scholarship Award: Duration and Funding
- Zuckerman Postdoctoral Scholarships are for up to two years.
- Zuckerman Postdoctoral Scholars receive a scholarship of $50,000 per academic year for up to two years, with $36,000 each year for living expenses and $14,000 each year for research ($10,000) and travel ($4,000) expenses.
- If circumstances allow, Zuckerman Postdoctoral Scholarships may be renewed on a competitive basis for an additional one or two years.
- Nationality: Citizens of the United States or Canada
- Number of Scholarships: Five postdoctoral scholarships will be given out per participating university in 2020-2021.
- Scholarship can be taken at one of seven Israeli universities
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Citizens of the United States or Canada are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates may apply to more than one university.
- Candidates must be citizens of the United States or Canada or have a documented status that allows them to study and work in the US.
- Candidates must hold a PhD degree from a premier university, or if still studying for a Ph.D., must submit their PhD thesis before October 1, 2020.
- Candidates who began their postdoctoral training at the host institution after October 1, 2019, or who will arrive to begin their training no later than October 1, 2020, may still apply for the upcoming deadline.
- Candidates must obtain consent from a potential hosting supervisor at the Israeli university/universities the candidate is applying to.
- Candidates for the Zuckerman STEM Leadership Program are assessed based on their academic and research achievements, as well as on personal merit and leadership qualities, without regard to race, religion, gender, ethnicity, or age.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applications to the Zuckerman Postdoctoral Scholarship Program should be sent by the potential hosting supervisor(s) via email in one pdf file.
- Curriculum vitae, including a paragraph on demonstrated leadership qualities.
- List of at least three publications, noting the impact factor of the journals in which the papers were published.
- A short letter of intent declaring the candidate’s plans to return to the United States or Canada and compete for a university position there.
- Research proposal (maximum 3 pages).
- Letter of consent from a potential hosting supervisor at the Israeli university/universities the candidate is applying to.
- Three letters of recommendation, including a letter from the candidate’s PhD supervisor. If possible, one letter should be from a university other than the one where the candidate’s PhD was granted.
- A personal statement detailing the candidate’s future career plans.
Once they complete their research, many Zuckerman postdocs are expected to accept faculty positions at top North American universities, weaving a network of academic collaboration and goodwill that will greatly benefit US-Israeli scientific cooperation.