Applications are being accepted for 2 Postdoctoral Fellowships at the University of Sao Paulo.
The University of Sao Paulo is a public university in the Brazilian state of São Paulo. It is the largest Brazilian public university and the country’s most prestigious educational institution, the best university in Ibero-America, and holds a high reputation among world universities, being ranked 51-60 worldwide in reputation by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: In the context of the Thematic Project “Thinking Goa. A Singular Library in Portuguese” these callings refer to the periodical press in Goa:
- Cultural and Literary Periodical Press in Margão in Mid-Nineteenth Century
- Cultural Periodical Press from Goa around 1961
Scholarship Award: The selected candidate will receive a Postdoctoral stipend from FAPESP, during a period of 12 months (R$ 6819,30 monthly, free of taxes, c. 2000 Dollars) and additional funding for travels and research, if approved by Fapesp.
Number of Scholarships: The 2 Fellowships are based in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Scholarship can be taken in Brazil
Eligibility: The candidate should have the following abilities:
- Autonomy and experience to develop the research.
- Interest in working in a team, helping and supervising projects by young researchers.
- Participate and help (at scientific and executive levels) in the organization of the meetings and other events of the research group.
- Hand in all the reports requested by FAPESP.
- Devote himself full time to the development of the research project (the fulfillment of the activities demanded by the scholarship, that does not constitute a regular employment, must be previously analyzed by FAPESP through a formal request based on the terms of PR No 13/2009
Nationality: Citizens of all nationalities may apply, as long as they speak Portuguese and English and fulfill the requirements listed above.
College Admission Requirement
- They should have obtained his PhD degree less than seven years ago.
- They should be proficient in both Portuguese and English.
- They should be familiar with handling and working with the periodical press.
- They should be able to reside next to University of São Paulo, Brazil.
- They should be available to begin his post-doctoral research soon after the process of selection is concluded
How to Apply: The candidate should send the following documents as PDF files:
- A letter in which the candidate justifies his interest in the position and in which he states his qualifications for the realization of the project.
- A copy of his updated Curriculum Vitae.
- A copy of his PhD diploma or PhD certificate.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 25, 2017.