Applicants are invited to apply for the two Postdoctoral Fellowships at the University of Sao Paulo for the academic year 2017-18.
The University of Sao Paulo is a public university in the Brazilian state of São Paulo. It is the largest Brazilian public university and the country’s most prestigious educational institution, the best university in Ibero-America, and holds a high reputation among world universities, being ranked 51-60 worldwide in reputation by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
A fine program for claimants
User Review( votes)
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing the postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: In the context of the Thematic Project “Thinking Goa. A Singular Library in Portuguese” these callings refer to the periodical press in Goa:
- Cultural and Literary Periodical Press in Margão in Mid-Nineteenth Century
- Cultural Periodical Press from Goa around 1961
- Number of Scholarships: The 2 Fellowships are based in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Scholarship can be taken in Brazil
The candidate should have the following abilities:
- Autonomy and experience to develop the research.
- Interest in working in a team, helping and supervising projects by young researchers.
- Participate and help (at scientific and executive levels) in the organization of the meetings and other events of the research group.
- Hand in all the reports requested by FAPESP.
- Devote himself full time to the development of the research project (the fulfilment of the activities demanded by the scholarship, that does not constitute regular employment, must be previously analyzed by FAPESP through a formal request based on the terms of PR No 13/2009
Nationality: Citizens of all nationalities may apply, as long as they speak Portuguese and English and fulfil the requirements listed above.
College Admission Requirement
- They should have obtained his PhD degree less than seven years ago.
- They should be proficient in both Portuguese and English.
- They should be familiar with handling and working with the periodical press.
- They should be able to reside next to the University of São Paulo, Brazil.
- They should be available to begin his post-doctoral research soon after the process of selection is concluded
How to Apply
How to Apply: The candidate should send the following documents as PDF files:
- A letter in which the candidate justifies his interest in the position and in which he states his qualifications for the realization of the project.
- A copy of his updated Curriculum Vitae.
- A copy of his PhD diploma or PhD certificate.
Benefits: The selected candidate will receive a Postdoctoral stipend from FAPESP, during a period of 12 months (R$ 6819,30 monthly, free of taxes, c. 2000 Dollars) and additional funding for travels and research, if approved by Fapesp.
Application Deadline: Closed