Government of Sri Lanka Presidential Scholarships programme for Foreign Students for undergraduate degree programme. Scholarships are open for courses of studies other than Medical, Dental Sciences & Engineering.
It is hoped that this would bring about stronger educational and cultural ties with friendly nations. This scholarship scheme offers international students a chance to enroll themselves in undergraduate programs conducted by some state universities in Sri Lanka. They are sure that the scholarship winners will be exposed to an environment with academic excellence, culture of hospitality in Asian setting and enticing climatic conditions.
Candidates with impressive results of an examination deemed equivalent to G.C.E. (Advance Level) Examination of Sri Lanka are eligible to apply for admission to universities in Sri Lanka. Applicants except native English speakers must provide evidence of proficiency in English. Minimum score for TOEFL is 525 and minimum band score is 6.0 for IELTS.
Course Level: Scholarships are availble for undergraduate degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are open for courses of studies other than Medical, Dental Sciences & Engineering.
Number of Awards: Not Known
Scholarship Award: It includes-
- Free of charge tuition and registration.
- Free Visa for studies
- One-off settlement allowance of LKR 10,000/
- A monthly living allowance of LKR 30, 000/- during the study period. It is expected that the scholarship recipient will meet the expenditure for food and accommodation with the monthly allowance of LKR 30,000/- The relevant university/higher educational institute will assist in finding suitable accommodation.
- Reimbursement of cost of air fare (economy class) to come to Sri Lanka and return his/her country after successful completion of studies [Payment is made for original bills only ].
- Free of charge medical facilities at government hospitals other than dental related diseases.
Scholarship can be taken in Sri Lanka
- Be a citizen of a country covered by this scholarship. A citizen of another country having Sri Lankan dual citizenship is not eligible to apply.
- Candidates with impressive results of an examination deemed equivalent to G.C.E. (Advance Level) Examination of Sri Lanka are eligible to apply for admission to universities in Sri Lanka: Applicants are advised to attach the original letter obtained from the Board of Examinations to prove that his/her educational qualifications are equivalent to the G.C.E. (A/L) Examination (Sri Lanka) or qualifications required for admission to a university in their own country to follow a bachelor’s degree or Applicants should ensure that all required passes should be obtained in one and the same sitting under a recognized Board of Examination.
- Age : Be less than 25 years on 08.05.2017
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Candidates with impressive results of an examination deemed equivalent to G.C.E. (Advance Level) Examination of Sri Lanka are eligible to apply for admission to universities in Sri Lanka.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants except native English speakers must provide evidence of proficiency in English. Minimum score for TOEFL is 525 and minimum band score is 6.0 for IELTS.
How to Apply: Applications with the recommendation of the government nominating agency should be received to the address.
- Each applicant should submit duly perfected 3 sets (one original) of applications along with all required documents to his/her government nominating agency.
- Each application should be recommended by the government nominating agency by filling out the section 06 B of the application.
- The government nominating agency of the applicant shall submit the applications with their recommendation to the Sri Lankan mission in his/her country for forwarding the same to the MoHEH, Sri Lanka. In case a Sri Lankan mission is not present in his /her country, the government nominating agency can forward the applications directly to the MoHEH, Sri Lanka.
- Certified copy of Birth Certificate
- Certified copies of the academic transcripts of G.C.E A/L and G.C.E O/L or their equivalents.
- Original letter obtained from the Board of Examinations
- Certified copy of IELTS/TOEFL certificate
- Certified copy of the data page of applicant’s passport. The validity of the passport shall remain at least for 1 year after arrival to Sri Lanka
- Medical Certificate
- Police Report
- Note : Certified English translation must be provided for all the documents that are not in English.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 8, 2017.