Government of Sri Lanka Presidential Scholarships programme for Foreign Students for undergraduate degree programme. The studentships are open for courses of studies other than Medical, Dental Sciences & Engineering.
It is hoped that this would bring about stronger educational and cultural ties with friendly nations. This scholarship scheme offers international students a chance to enroll themselves in undergraduate programs conducted by some state universities in Sri Lanka. They are sure that the program winners will be exposed to an environment with academic excellence, culture of hospitality in Asian setting and enticing climatic conditions.
User Review( votes)
Candidates with impressive results of an examination deemed equivalent to G.C.E. (Advance Level) Examination of Sri Lanka are eligible to apply for admission to universities in Sri Lanka. Applicants except native English speakers must provide evidence of proficiency in English. Minimum score for TOEFL is 525 and minimum band score is 6.0 for IELTS.
- Application Deadline: July 13, 2018
- Course Level: The studentships are available for undergraduate degree programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are open for courses of studies other than Medical, Dental Sciences & Engineering.
- Award: The grants
- Two opportunities are available, starting in January/February 2021
- The grants provide full tuition fees, a return economy flight, an arrival allowance and a regular stipend (living allowance)
- The bursaries are for Master’s study only and are not applicable to distance learning courses
- The bursaries are for new students only and cannot be used to fund a course you have already started
- No additional funding will be provided for applicants with families
- The studentships are for a maximum of two years
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Sri Lanka
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements:
- Be a citizen of a country covered by this application . A citizen of another country having Sri Lankan dual citizenship is not eligible to apply.
- Candidates with results at a foreign examination held outside Sri Lanka, deemed equivalent to G.C.E. (Advanced Level) Examination of Sri Lanka are eligible to apply for admission to Universities in Sri Lanka: Applicants are advised to attach to their applications the original letter obtained from the Examinations Board concerned, to prove that their educational qualifications are equivalent to the G.C.E.(A/L) Examination of Sri Lanka or their educational qualifications are considered for admission to a university in their own country to follow an undergraduate course of study leading to a Bachelor’s Degree. or Applicants should ensure that all required passes should be obtained in one and the same sitting under a recognized Board of Examinations subject to the rules set out by the Education Authority of the country concerned or Applicants should attach to their applications the certified copies of the educational certificate and the statement of results of their qualifying examination. The copy of the educational certificate and the statement of results should be certified by the relevant Examinations Board which conducted the examination concerned.
- Age : Be less than 25 years on 16.04.2018
- English Language Requirements: Applicants except native English speakers must provide evidence of proficiency in English. Minimum score for TOEFL is 525 and minimum band score is 6.0 for IELTS.
How to Apply: Applications with the recommendation of the government nominating agency should be received to the address.
- Each applicant should submit duly perfected 3 sets (one original) of applications along with all required documents to his/her government nominating agency.
- Each application should be recommended by the government nominating agency by filling out the section 06 B of the application.
- The government nominating agency of the applicant shall submit the applications with their recommendation to the Sri Lankan mission in his/her country for forwarding the same to the MoHEH, Sri Lanka. In case a Sri Lankan mission is not present in his /her country, the government nominating agency can forward the applications directly to the MoHEH, Sri Lanka.
- Certified copy of Birth Certificate
- Certified copies of the academic transcripts of G.C.E A/L and G.C.E O/L or their equivalents.
- Original letter obtained from the Board of Examinations
- Certified copy of IELTS/TOEFL certificate
- Certified copy of the data page of applicant’s passport. The validity of the passport shall remain at least for 1 year after arrival to Sri Lanka
- Medical Certificate
- Police Report
- Note : Certified English translation must be provided for all the documents that are not in English.