Applications are invited for Fulbright grants available for Pakistani students. Grants are available to pursue graduate studies (Master’s or PhD degree) in the United States.The aim of the Fulbright Degree Grants are to enable and encourage academically able students from Pakistan.
USEFP administers a variety of educational exchange programs, including the prestigious flagship program of the United States Department of State – the Fulbright Program. The Fulbright Program in Pakistan is currently one of the largest Fulbright Programs in the world.
The United States Educational Foundation in Pakistan (USEFP) was established in 1950 by the governments of Pakistan and the United States. USEFP is a bi-national commission composed of an equal number of Pakistanis and Americans, with the Chair alternating between a Pakistani and an American.
Course Level: Grants are available for pursuing master’s and doctoral degree at a US university.
Study Subject(s): Grants are awarded in all academic disciplines, except clinical medicine.
Scholarship Award: The grant funds tuition, textbooks, airfare, a living stipend and health insurance. USEFP also assists with the visa process.
Scholarship can be taken in USA
Eligibility: Criteria is:
- Pakistani citizens, residing and working in Pakistan, with strong academic histories in all disciplines except clinical medicine are welcome to apply.
- In addition to academic work, persons selected for Fulbright programs are expected to share information about Pakistani life and culture with their U.S. colleagues and with community groups in the U.S. On returning to Pakistan, Fulbright grantees are expected to share their U.S. experiences with colleagues and community groups in Pakistan. Successful candidates should be poised to assume leadership positions in their fields and must be committed to returning and serving Pakistan.
- Persons with a dual U.S./Pakistan nationality or those having a spouse, parent, fiancé or child over 18 years of age who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Employees of the Fulbright organization or the U.S. Department of State and their spouses, fiancés, siblings, dependents, children and parents. For programs funded by their agencies, employees of USAID or the HEC and their spouses, fiancés, siblings, dependents, children and parents.
- As a general matter, preference for Fulbright student opportunities will be given to candidates who have not previously received a Fulbright student grant.
- Persons already studying in the U.S. or on a work/residence visa in any country.
Nationality: Pakistani students can apply for these Fulbright grants.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Pakistani citizens, residing and working in Pakistan, with strong academic histories in all disciplines except clinical medicine are welcome to apply.
Test Requirement: The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required for all applicants. Under the new scoring system, minimum scores of 138 in the verbal and 136 in the quantitative sections are required. Applicants must also possess a high level of fluency in spoken and written English.
How to apply: Original application with references and attested copies of supporting documentation along with one additional copy of the complete application must be submitted by post before the deadline.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 17, 2017.