2013 MENA Scholarships Programme for Short Courses at Institutions in Netherlands
Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs funded MENA Scholarship for Mid Career Professionals from Algeria, Iraq, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Syria, Tunisia at Institutions in Netherlands 2013
Study Subject(s): Study Subjects are water management, business administration and management, agriculture, forestry and fisheries, geographical information science.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing short courses programme.
Scholarship Provider: Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Scholarship can be taken at: Netherlands
Eligibility: • apply for a course on the MENA course list 2013;
• not have received a MENA Scholarship in the three years prior to the year in which the proposed MENA course starts;
• complete a MENA scholarship application form and submit all the required documentation to the Netherlands Embassy;
• be a national of and working in one of the seven selected countries;
• be a professional with at least three years’ work experience;
• offer evidence of proficiency in speaking and writing the language of instruction (English in most cases). Preferably, a candidate should provide evidence in the form of an official and verifiable score in an internationally recognised test, such as IELTS (a score of at least 6.0) or TOEFL (a score of at least 550 points on the paper-based test, 213 points on the computer-based test or 79 points on the internet-based test). If the candidate cannot provide sufficient evidence, the embassy will evaluate the candidate’s knowledge of the language. However, the final decision about a candidate’s language proficiency lies with the Dutch institution.
• be nominated by their employer, who pledges to continue to pay a substantial part of the candidate’s salary during the study period, and guarantees that at the end of the scholarship period the candidate will be offered a position at least equivalent to the current position;
• demonstrate a solid link between their work and the selected course; the course must have added value for the sustainable capacity development of the employing organisation and the development of the country;
• be available for the entire period of the course and be physically and mentally able to take part in the entire course;
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: Students of Algeria, Iraq, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Syria, Tunisia can apply for these Scholarships.
Scholarship Description: MENA scholarships can be used for a number of selected short courses offered by education institutions in the Netherlands. The institutions provide professional training at post-secondary level in several fields of study. There is a list of selected short courses in chapter 10 of this brochure.
Number of awards offered: Each year around 120 scholarships are available, which are proportionally distributed among the participating countries.
Duration of Awards: The programme will run between January and December 2013. All courses will be conducted in 2013 and have a duration of between two and twelve weeks.
What does it cover? A MENA scholarship is a contribution to the costs of the selected short course and is intended to supplement the salary that the scholarship holder must continue to receive during the study period.
The following items are covered: • subsistence allowance
• international travel costs
• visa costs
• course fee
• medical insurance
• allowance for study materials.
The allowances are considered to be sufficient to cover one person’s living expenses during the study period. The scholarship holders must cover any other costs from their own resources.
How to Apply: By post
Scholarship Application Deadline: There are two scholarship application deadlines for the MENA Scholarship Programme. Depending on the course, applications must be submitted at the Embassy either before 1 March 2013 or before 1 July 2013. The relevant deadlines are specified in the MENA course list 2013 (see chapter 10). Some embassies have a different deadline for submitting applications. Please contact the Netherlands embassy or Dutch Institute in your home country for more information about the deadlines.
Important: Scholarship-Positions.com is not responsible for the content of any external websites linked to or referenced on this site.
- Africa Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Austria Scholarships
- Belgium Scholarships
- Canada Scholarships
- China Scholarships
- Denmark Scholarships
- France Scholarships
- Germany Scholarships
- Germany Postdoctoral
- India Scholarships
- Iran Scholarships
- Italy Scholarships
- Japan Scholarships
- New Zealand