The University of Sheffield would like to offer Arts International Scholarship for undergraduate students. The scholarship will cover £2,000 per year.
The aim of the scholarship is to give the wonderful experience of study to the international students.
The University of Sheffield (informally Sheffield University) is a public research university in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, and England. It received its royal charter in 1905 as successor to the University College of Sheffield.
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2018
- Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue the undergraduate degree.
- Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the field of Arts and Humanities.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover £2,000 per year.
- Nationality: International
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken i the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet following criteria:
- Applicants must commence Applicantsr studies of an undergraduate degree or foundation degree in September 2018 in one of the following departments at the University of Sheffield: Department of Archaeology, School of English, Department of History, School of Languages and Cultures, Department of Music, Department of Philosophy, Arts and Humanities IPO
- The scholarship will be awarded automatically – no scholarship application is required in the first or any subsequent years.
- Subject to meeting the eligibility and award criteria the scholarship will be guaranteed in the first year of study. The award is applicable to each subsequent academic year of study, subject to achieving 60% or above and achieving a minimum of 120 credits in the previous academic year. This excludes any years in industry or study abroad periods.
- The scholarship can be awarded in-conjunction with any other University of Sheffield scholarship, discount or reward as long Applicants do not become fully funded, for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards and all other eligibility and award criteria are met.
- The scholarship will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- Applicants must be self-funded and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- Applicants must not be a sponsored student*.
- The scholarship cannot be awarded in-conjunction with any funding (full or partial) from an external sponsor**, excluding a loan, which has to be paid back in full.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying online or via distance learning are not eligible for a scholarship.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of a one year of scholarship split pro-rata over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
- The Arts International Scholarship 2018 automatic scholarship cannot be awarded in-conjunction with an NCUK automatic award. The NCUK award will take precedence over the Arts International Scholarship 2018.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must be proficient in written and spoken English, normally demonstrated by grade C or above in GCSE English Language or an acceptable English language qualification.
- The mode of applying is online.
How to Apply:
- Make sure applicants add as much detail as possible – including grades and results. Without enough information universities might struggle to make a decision.
- Qualifications are listed by name and country, but doesn’t worry if isn’t there – just add it into the ‘other’ box.
- Applicants may have to send proof of your results in certificates or transcripts. At UCAS, we’re able to send some of your results – including the International Baccalaureate – but for most international qualifications applicants’ have to send them to the university or college yourself. Different universities and colleges have different policies for how they want to receive results. Some might ask for them as soon as they apply – others might do their initial assessment of your application before asking to see proof of their results.