If you are passionate about French, German or Spanish you could receive a languages scholarship of £27,500 to support you during your teacher training.
As a Languages Teacher Training Scholar, you will, in addition to the financial support, receive access to mentor support and a range of professional development opportunities and resources.
The British Council is the UK’s international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities. The British Council create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. The British Council work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Work of British Council in education and society helps transform national education systems, builds more inclusive and open societies and increases young people’s opportunities.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for language study programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the subjects of French, German or Spanish languages.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover £27,500.
Number of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- A 2:1, or predicted 2:1
- A relevant PhD or Master’s degree, or recognized equivalent.
- We may also consider your application if you have a degree in another subject, or a 2.2 (or predicted 2.2) if you are able to demonstrate significant knowledge of the target language.
- And you must meet the student finance criteria. To receive the scholarship you must also have secured a place on an eligible non-salaried languages teacher training scheme in England for the 2017/18 academic year by September 2017. But you can apply for the scholarship at the same time as applying for an eligible course. If you are unsure about your eligibility for the scholarship your chosen teacher training provider will be able to advise you.
Nationality: Applicants of UK can apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a relevant PhD or Master’s degree, or recognised equivalent.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
- Applicants can apply directly to us for a scholarship alongside your application to secure a training place at your preferred school or university. The closing date is 31 July 2017; please apply early to avoid disappointment.
- If you are not awarded a scholarship, you could still access a bursary – you can find out about the funding and training options available and how to apply for teacher training on the Department for Education’s Get Into Teaching website Opens in a new tab or window
Application Deadline: The Application Deadline is July 31, 2017