The Vienna School of International Studies (Diplomatische Akademie Wien) is pleased to offer the postdoctoral fellowship in international studies for two years, from 25 September 2017. Students will focus on his/her own research and do a limited amount of graduate teaching.
The aim of the school is to prepare talented men and women for international careers and positions of leadership.
Wonderful funding for international students
User Review( votes)
The Diplomatic Academy of Vienna, or simply DA, is a postgraduate professional school based in Vienna, Austria, with focused training for students and professionals in the areas of international affairs, political science, law, languages, history, and economics.
Candidates whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Free schooling is awarded in the field of international studies.
- Eligibility Criteria: The successful candidate must hold – or have evidence of the imminent completion of – a doctorate in a relevant discipline such as Economics, History, Law, or Political Science. A record of research achievement at the international level, a strong agenda for future research and previous teaching experience – preferably at the graduate level – are essential.
How to apply
- How to Apply: Students must apply on-line.
- Supporting Documents:
- Applicant’s curriculum vitae, research agenda (5-10 pages), and teaching documentation (e.g. syllabi of courses taught, student evaluation of courses taught, statement on teaching philosophy, etc) may be sent to us by e-mail (elisabeth.hofer-at-da-vienna.ac.at) or mail (Dr Elisabeth Hofer, Vienna School of International Studies, Favoritenstrasse 15a, 1040 Vienna, Austria). Please also make sure that we receive three letters of recommendation (emailed directly by your referees/dossier service, or mailed in a sealed envelope).
- Admission Requirement: Participants must have a PhD degree.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Depending on seniority and experience, the postdoctoral fellow will be offered a yearly salary (before taxes and social security contribution) between EUR 33.000 and 39.000.
Application Deadline: Check back next year.