Applications are invited for Deakin University Scholarships for the academic year 2017-2018. These scholarships are open for international students to pursue an undergraduate and postgraduate programme.
Deakin University is committed to providing international students with opportunities to obtain financial support for their study program through a wide range of scholarships and bursaries.
Deakin University is a university with approximately 50,644 higher education students in 2014. Established in 1974, the University was named after the leader of the Australian federation movement and the nation’s second Prime Minister, Alfred Deakin.
All applicants, regardless of citizenship or country of origin, will be required to demonstrate that they meet admission requirements for Deakin’s courses, as well as English language proficiency.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Deakin Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship: 100% or 50% tuition fees, bookshop voucher and Vice-Chancellor’s Professional Excellence Program
Postgraduate Course Fee Bursary: 10% fee reduction
Master of Business Administration Global Leader’s Scholarship: 20% student tuition fee bursary
Master of Laws (LLM) Scholarship: $10,000 tuition fee bursary
Deakin Law School LLM Vietnam Partner Bursary: 100% tuition fee bursary
SEBE China and Sri Lanka Partner Bursary: 10% tuition fee bursary
Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarship (ICAS): $5199 per year
Cyient Australia Scholarships in Engineering: Up to $10 000
Vice-Chancellor’s Academic Excellence Scholarship: 100% student contributions, $5000 cash per year and Vice-Chancellor’s Professional Excellence Program
The Archie and Hilda Graham Foundation Award: Cash payment up to $5000
Westpac Bicentennial Foundation Young Technologist Scholarships: Cash payment of $5000 per year
Dr (Aunty) Mary Atkinson Scholarships: All student contributions (tuition fees)
Associate Degree of Education and Associate Degree of Arts Scholarships: Cash payment of $500
Indigenous Access Scholarships: Cash payment of $4904
Wainscott Financial Scholarship: Cash payment of $7500 per year
Deakin Scholarship for Excellence: Cash payment or tuition fees of $5000 per year
Deakin International Scholarship: 25% student tuition fee bursary
Deakin funded scholarship program: Various amounts on offer
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diplomas: Applicants applying for entry into a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma course must have:
- An approved three-year undergraduate degree, or equivalent, from an approved university or other educational institution; or
- Equivalent qualifications gained by examination or relevant professional or industrial expedience.
Masters degree by coursework: Applicants applying for entry must have completed at least a three-year undergraduate degree, or equivalent, of an acceptable standard from an approved university or other educational institution.
Masters degree by research
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree with honours (second class and above) from a recognised tertiary institution in an appropriate discipline for which the University can provide the required supervisory expertise.
- Applicants are encouraged to contact Deakin University faculty staff to discuss research areas of interest before submitting an application.
Doctoral programs: Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree with honours (second class and above) or a master’s degree by research from a recognised tertiary institution in an appropriate discipline for which the University can provide the required supervisory expertise.
Nationality: Australian and international students can apply for Deakin University Scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: To be eligible to enroll student will need to meet the:
- Academic requirements for chosen course
- English language requirements for chosen course
- Deakin’s computing, connectivity and capability requirements.
English Language Requirement: All applicants, regardless of citizenship or country of origin, will be required to demonstrate that they meet admission requirements for Deakin’s courses, as well as English language proficiency.
How to Apply: Once the application is ready, they can choose one of the following methods to submit the application: apply online, apply by mail, apply in person or apply through a representative. Applying online is simple, convenient and fast. When applying online, you do not need to pay the application fee. Before applying, student will need to find out the details of their:
- Previous studies (including course name and institution, duration and qualification obtained)
- Current studies (including course name and institution, duration and expected date of completion)
- English language proficiency and/or results of recent English language testing
- (if applicable) employment history (including employer’s name, dates and description of work carried out).
Application Deadline: The university application deadline for Trimester 1, 2017 is 30 October 2016.