The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education is offering fully funded 4-year PhD scholarships in Economics. These scholarships are open to highly qualified and motivated postgraduate students from around the world.
If students have completed at least one semester in a program that uses English as its language of instruction, then the TOEFL or IELTS test is not necessary. If students have not done so, a TOEFL or IELTS test is obligatory.
- Application deadline: March 31, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Economics
- Scholarship Award: Scholarships are fully funded.
- Nationality: International
- Number of Scholarships: This is a fully funded PhD programme.
- Scholarship can be taken in Czech Republic
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Any individual from any country is welcome to submit an application.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a master’s degree or equivalent that can be recognized in the Czech Republic (or the expectation of completing a Master’s degree by June of the year for which you are applying). Strong students with a Bachelor’s Degree may also apply directly to the PhD program. However, for legal reasons they cannot take full advantage of PhD student status
- English Language Requirements: : Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency unless they hold a degree from a university in an English-speaking country, studied at least one semester at an English speaking university (with credentials), or can prove that the majority of courses during their Master’s studies were taught in English. – Sufficient evidence for a good command of English is a high score in the “Test of English as a Foreign Language” (TOEFL) or the “International English Language Testing System” (IELTS).
- Applicants can apply through online processor.
How to Apply:
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of motivation: please submit a 1000-2000 word statement in English describing your academic and research background, your interests and career goals, and how the program at CERGE-EI will help you meet your objectives. Please see the Statement of Motivation Guidelines
- Verified copies of your Bachelor and Master diplomas and transcripts (diploma supplement) with certified translations into English if needed (if the original document is in another language). Please see the Guidelines for Verification of Diplomas and Transcripts for details. You will have to present these documents in paper form in case you are invited to the Preparatory semester or directly admitted (upon your arrival to CERGE-EI). Applicants who will be completing their Master studies or will receive their Master diploma only after our application deadline must submit confirmation of studies from their current university and their current transcripts.
- Contact details for two (or max. three) referees. Their letters of recommendation must be submitted using the reference page in the on-line application or sent in a sealed envelope with the recommender’s’ signature across the envelope. Referees must be familiar with your academic background described in the online application form. Please see the Recommendation Letters Guidelines.