Applications are invited for research grants for projects in basic Life Sciences, Human Healthcare, Industrial and Agricultural Biotechnology and Bio-energy. Applicants of an ICGEB member states are eligible to apply for these grants.
The programme aims to stimulate collaborative research in member states and with the ICGEB Component laboratories, to promote training of young scientists and to facilitate the creation of appropriate reseamrch facilities.
The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology provides a scientific and educational environment of the highest standard and conducts innovative research in life sciences for the benefit of developing countries.
Candidates must have a good working knowledge of the English language, supported by a proficiency certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate, or equivalent). Not required when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
Course Level: Grants are available to for pursuing research programme.
Study Subject: The programme provides support for research projects in basic science, human healthcare, industrial and agricultural biotechnology and bioenergy.
Scholarship Award: Grants are awarded to contribute to the implementation of outstanding scientific research projects. An important element of successful applications is the feasibility of the proposed project within the designated time-frame (maximum 36 months). The maximum annual contribution from ICGEB is Euro 25,000. Funds can only be used to cover expenditures that are directly relevant to the project. This may include purchasing consumable items, scientific literature and basic standard laboratory equipment. Travel and training costs can also be covered. Salaries of the Principal Investigators and infrastructural support (e.g., normal administrative and overhead expenses of the Institution, maintenance and rental of capital equipment, building, etc.) are not admissible and cannot be funded.
Number of Awards: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken at Universities or Research Institutes in any of the Member States
Eligibility: Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for this grant:-
- Applicants for CRP – ICGEB Research Grant proposals should hold positions at Universities or Research Institutes in any of the Member States listed in Annex A.
- Active collaboration with ICGEB Research Groups is welcome but is not mandatory. Investigating groups do not qualify for submission of applications:
- If previously awarded projects have not been evaluated and satisfactorily concluded;
- If the University or Research Institute of the Principal Investigator is based in Italy. A special category of CRP-ICGEB Early Career Return Grants is intended to fund young researchers with an outstanding track record, who have spent a minimum of 2 years abroad and have recently returned to an ICGEB Member State to establish their own independent laboratories. Applicants for Early Career Return Grants should have taken up, or be about to take up, a position as an Independent Investigator in an ICGEB Member State (except Italy).
Nationality: Applicants of an ICGEB member state (Afghanistan, Algeria, Argentina, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ivory Coast, Croatia, Cuba, Ecuador, Egypt, Eritrea, FYR Macedonia, Hungary, India, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Liberia, Libya, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Montenegro, Morocco, Namibia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Republic of Tanzania, Uruguay, Venezuela and Vietnam) are eligible to apply for the grant.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: A special category of CRP-ICGEB early career return grants is intended to fund young researchers with an outstanding track record, who have spent a minimum of 2 years abroad and have recently returned. There is no age limit is set for the Principal Investigator for standard Research Grant applications. Applicants for Early Career Return Grants should be no more than 40 years of age at the time of the application.
English language Requirements: Candidates must have a good working knowledge of the English language, supported by a proficiency certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate, or equivalent). Not required when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
How to Apply: Applicants should submit their proposal by e-mail (as a pdf attachment) both to: the Liaison Officer of their country (refer to Annex A for the list of eligible countries and for full contact details) 2) the CRP-ICGEB Research Grant office ([email protected]). Check List for Principal Investigator:
- Have they completed all the sections of this application form in English?
- Have they signed Form A?
- Has the Legal Representative of thei Institute signed Form A1?
- Have they completed section 5 (e.g., Financial contribution requested from ICGEB) according to the Budget Guidelines?
- Is the budget expressed in Euro?
Application Deadline: The deadline for submission of completed application form is April 30, 2017.