The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology is inviting individuals to apply research grants for projects in basic Life Sciences, Human Healthcare, Industrial and Agricultural Biotechnology and Bio-energy.
Applicants of ICGEB member states are eligible to apply. The purpose of this program is to boost the training of young scientists and to facilitate the creation of appropriate research facilities encouraging them to take part in different activities.
Great opportunity to study at Universities or Research Institutes in any of the Member States.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1983, ICGEB is one of the unique organization and it has lots of theoretical and practical courses to the students. ICGEB offers a range of environmental and scientific programs at the highest level and allows learning to develop interdisciplinary scientific interests, tackle difficult problems and learn to take risks.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2020
- Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible:
- Candidates for CRP – ICGEB Research Grant proposals should hold positions at Universities or Research Institutes in any of the Member States listed in Annex A.
- Participants of an ICGEB member state (Afghanistan, Algeria, Argentina, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ivory Coast, Croatia, Cuba, Ecuador, Egypt, Eritrea, FYR Macedonia, Hungary, India, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Liberia, Libya, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Montenegro, Morocco, Namibia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Republic of Tanzania, Uruguay, Venezuela and Vietnam) are eligible to apply.
- The programme provides support for research projects in basic science, human healthcare, industrial and agricultural biotechnology, and bioenergy.
How to Apply
In order to apply, applicants must be part of this ICGEB, then they should submit their complete applications in electronic format (pdf) to his/her Country representative (Liaison Officer – see form A), who is in charge of endorsing the application at the national level. A copy of the application should also be sent directly to the ICGEB ([email protected]).
Candidates must have a good working knowledge of the English language, supported by a proficiency certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate, or equivalent). Not required when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
- The winners will receive award amount of Euro 25,000, plus travel & training costs.
- Funds can only be used to cover expenditures that are directly relevant to the project. This may include purchasing consumable items, scientific literature and basic standard laboratory equipment.
- Travel and training costs can also be covered.