Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) is offering a fully funded scholarship for international students. The scholarship is available to pursue an undergraduate programme for spring and fall 2017 intake.
The main objective of the scholarship is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible to changing needs of the students.
KAIST, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology is one of the world’s best research-oriented university. KAIST is filled with opportunity, excellent academic system, cutting-edge research, world-class facilities, and internationally renowned faculty.
Candidates are strongly recommended to achieve above TOEFL iBT 83, TOEFL PBT 560, TOEFL CBT 220, TEPS 599, IELTS 6.5 and TOEIC Listening & Reading 720 or higher.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing the undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to study all the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: KAIST provides full scholarship (tuition and fees) and monthly allowances for admitted students. A monthly allowance of 200 ~ 300 USD (200,000 ~ 350,000 KRW, not including dorm fees) and the national health insurance fee are supported by KAIST. The dormitory will cost 100 USD per a month. However, student must receive good grade at KAIST to maintain the scholarship
Scholarship can be taken in South Korea
Eligibility: International candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
- Spring Semester: He or she has graduated or will graduate from his or her secondary education by February 28th, 2017.
Fall Semester: He or she has graduated or will graduate from his or her secondary education by August 31st, 2017.
- He or she is not a citizen of Korea. (Korean citizens who hold dual citizenship are not eligible to apply as foreign students.)
Nationality: International students can apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Students must maintain GPA over 2.7 out of 4.3 at KAIST.
English Language Requirement: Candidates are strongly recommended to achieve above TOEFL iBT 83, TOEFL PBT 560, TOEFL CBT 220, TEPS 599, IELTS 6.5 and TOEIC Listening & Reading 720 or higher.
How to Apply: Application form should be submitted online. The required components for complete application packet are as follows:-
- Statement of Financial Resources – KAIST Scholarship (original)null
- Statement of Financial Resources – Sponsorship (original)null
- One Recommendation Letter (original) null
- Secondary / Tertiary School Profile (copy)
- High school / University Transcript (copy)
- Standardized Official Test Report (copy)
- English Proficiency Test Report (copy)
- Passport or National ID (copy)
- Certificate of the Facts Concerning the Entry & Exit issued by the Korean Immigration office (original)
- Loss of Korean Nationality (original)
- Honors and Awards (copy)