Applicants are invited for PhD and Postdoctoral Fellowships available for research work on onboard hydrogen generation system. The appointment of the PhD candidate has a duration of 3 years with the possibility of a 1-year extension with 25% teaching duties in agreement with the department. The appointment of the Post Doctor fellowship has a duration of 2 years.
The project covers the production of ethanol and water mixture from the dry fermentation of lignocellulosic biomass such as sugarcane and woody biomass, and an onboard hydrogen generation system from a bioethanol-water mixture with a hydrogen purity suitable for various fuel cell applications.
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) is a public research university with campuses in the cities of Trondheim, Gjøvik, and Ålesund in Norway, and has become the largest university in Norway, following the university merger in 2016.
- Application Deadline: February 15, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for PhD and Post Doctoral programme.
- Study Subject: PhD fellowship is awarded to research in catalysis for onboard hydrogen generation from bioethanol and Postdoctoral fellowship is awarded to research in compact reactors for onboard hydrogen generation.
- Scholarship Award: The appointments will be made according to Norwegian guidelines for universities and university colleges and to the general regulations regarding university employees. Applicants for the PhD position must agree to participate in organized doctoral study programs within the period of the appointment and have to be qualified for the PhD-study.
- NTNU’s personnel policy objective is that the staff must reflect the composition of the population to the greatest possible extent.
- The positions are remunerated according to the Norwegian State salary scale. There is a 2% deduction for superannuation contribution.
- Nationality: Norwegian and international applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: Two positions are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Norway
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Norwegian and international applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a master degree or equivalent with at least 5 years of studies and an average grade of A or B within a scale of A-E for passing grades (A best) for the two last years of the MSc.
- English Language Requirements: Both positions require spoken and written fluency in the English language. Applicants from non-English-speaking countries outside Europe must document English skills by an approved test. Approved tests are TOEFL, IELTS and Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE).
How to Apply:
- Applications with CV, certificates from both Bachelor and Master, possible publications and other scientific works, copies of transcripts, (copies of documentation on English language proficiency test) and reference letters should be submitted.
- The reference number of the position is: NV-125/17