Fellowship for Woman who must be a citizen of developing countries
Job Description: 2011 Faculty for the Future Fellowships. Developing and emerging economies to pursue PhD or post-doctoral studies in the physical sciences and related disciplines at top universities abroad. The Faculty for the Future program grows each year and has become a powerful community that today stands at 142 pioneering women scientists from 43 countries.
Faculty for the Future fellowships are awarded to women from developing and emerging economies who are preparing for PhD or post-doctoral study in the physical sciences, engineering, or related disciplines to pursue advanced graduate study at top universities in their disciplines abroad.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
* Be a woman;
* Be a citizen of a developing country;
* Wish to pursue a PhD degree or Post-doctoral research in the physical sciences or related disciplines;
* Have applied to, have been admitted to, or are currently enrolled in a university abroad;
* Wish to return to their home country to continue their academic career upon completion of their studies;
* Be very committed to teaching and demonstrate active participation in faculty life and outreach work to encourage young women into the sciences;
* Hold an excellent academic record.
How to apply
Applications are only accepted through the on-line system http://www.fftf.slb.com/Login.aspx. Note that the on-line system will be open from September 1 to November 30 2010.
Application deadline: November 30 2010