The School of Medicine Dean’s Postdoctoral Fellowships encourages and support young investigators in the first two years of their postdoctoral (Ph.D. or M.D.) research training at the School of Medicine and who are under the mentorship of faculty in the School of Medicine. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
Stanford University School of Medicine is the medical school of Stanford University and is located in Stanford, California.
Course Level: Fellowship is available for pursuing postdoctoral program.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded within the School of Medicine.
Scholarship Award: The stipend for the January 1, 2018-December 31, 2018 and July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019 cycles will be $26,703.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- The applicant must be appointed as a postdoctoral scholar at the Stanford University School of Medicine at the time the award begins. If the applicant is not an appointed scholar at the time of the application deadline, additional documents must be submitted with the application.
- The faculty sponsor must be appointed in the School of Medicine. (Acting, consulting and courtesy appointees are not eligible.)
- Awardees cannot be enrolled in a degree-granting program while funded.
- Applicants in the first one or two years of postdoctoral research training are preferred.
- Foreign fellows must have visas that allow stipend support (typically a J-1 & F-1 OPT). H1-B and TN visa holders are not eligible. Citizenship is not a selection factor.
- Proposals for second-year funding: This is a one-year fellowship. Because of the size of the pool, the committee will no longer review second-year applications.
Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: The applicant must be appointed as a postdoctoral scholar at the Stanford University School of Medicine at the time the award begins.
English language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. A complete application consists of:
- Complete online application form
- Applicant’s NIH Biosketch
- Research proposal: (uploaded by applicant online): Two page limit, including any graphics or charts. The research proposal must be written by the fellow and reviewed by the faculty sponsor. These two pages should include a brief statement of proposed investigation in the following sections: Background, Goals, Hypothesis, and Experimental methods). Formatting guidelines require at least 1-inch margins at the top, bottom, left and right; and 12 points or larger font. Include the title of the project on both pages and number pages. References may only be included if they are part of your two-page proposal.
- Faculty Sponsor Recommendation & Agreement
- Offer Letter – only if not appointed as a postdoctoral scholar in the School of Medicine.
Application Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is October 31, 2017.