The School of Medicine Dean’s Postdoctoral Fellowships encourages and support young investigators in the first two years of their postdoctoral (PhD or M.D.) research training at the School of Medicine and who are under the mentorship of faculty in the School of Medicine. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
Stanford University School of Medicine is the medical school of Stanford University and is located in Stanford, California.
The best offer to get a higher postdoctoral degree in the USA.
User Review( votes)
- Application Deadline: October 27, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowship is available for pursuing the postdoctoral program.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded within the School of Medicine.
- Award: $30,000.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: All nationalities
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
- Entrance Requirements:
- Applicants must be postdoctoral scholars at the School of Medicine at the time the award begins. If the applicant is not a postdoc at the application deadline, additional documents must be submitted with the application (see below).
- Faculty sponsors must be appointed in the School of Medicine. Acting, consulting, and courtesy appointees are ineligible.
- Awardees cannot be enrolled in a degree-granting program while funded.
- Applicants in the first one or two years of postdoctoral research training are preferred.
- Foreign fellows must have visas that allow stipend support (typically a J-1 & F-1 OPT). H1-B and TN visa holders are ineligible. Citizenship is not a selection factor.
- This is a one-year fellowship and applications for the second year of funding will not be reviewed.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. A complete application must be submitted online by the deadline. Please start your online application early to allow enough time for the system to solicit the required form from your faculty mentor which is due at the same time as your application.
Please carefully read the selection criteria, eligibility criteria, program participation requirements, and funding guidelines before starting the application process.
A complete application consists of:
- Complete online application form
- Applicant’s NIH Biosketch
- Research proposal: (uploaded by the applicant online): Two-page limit, including any graphics or charts. The research proposal must be written by the fellow and reviewed by the faculty sponsor. These two pages should include a brief statement of the proposed investigation in the following sections: Background, Goals, Hypothesis, and Experimental methods). Formatting guidelines require at least 1-inch margins at the top, bottom, left and right; and 12 points or larger font. Include the title of the project on both pages and number pages. References may only be included if they are part of your two-page proposal.
- Faculty Sponsor’s Recommendation Form & Agreement (Note: this fellowship does not require a letter of recommendation.)
- Offer Letter – only if not currently appointed as a postdoctoral scholar in the Stanford School of Medicine