The Kochi University of Technology is offering Special Scholarship Program (SSP) for April 2018 intake. This special scholarship is available for pursuing the doctoral degree program in the Department of Engineering.
The aim of the Special Scholarship Program is to enable and encourage academically able students from Japan and any nationality.
Kochi University of Technology (KUT), established in 1997, was originally a private university. This support, including scholarships, enables high-potential students to satisfy their ambitions and reach their career targets.
Applicants must have or to be scheduled to acquire a master’s degree before the KUT enrollment date. Applicants must have high English proficiency.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing the doctoral degree program.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are awarded in the Department of Engineering at Graduate School of Engineering.
- Exemption from 30,000 yen entrance examination fee, 300,000 yen enrollment fee, and 535,800 yen/year tuition fee
- To support living expenses, 150,000 yen/month is paid for research project work.
- 150,000 yen is provided for travel and initial living costs. (given only to international applicants who are living outside Japan, and who have, or have the intention to acquire, “Student” status of Japanese residence at the time of entry into Japan)
Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Eligibility: Applicants are required to meet all of the following conditions
- To have or to be scheduled to acquire a master’s degree before the KUT enrollment date
- To be 35 years old or under at the time of enrollment
- To have an excellent academic record and strong bachelor’s and master’s degrees from reputable universities
- To have the intention, adequate knowledge and research skill to work in one of the designated research projects
- To have high English proficiency
Nationality: Japanese and international students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have or to be scheduled to acquire a master’s degree before the KUT enrollment date.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have high English proficiency.
How to Apply:
- Choose one or two research project(s) from the SSP Research Project List
- Complete and submit all required documents by post.
All required documents listed below must arrive at the International Relations Division by the deadline. The documents submitted will not be returned.
- Application form
- Original bachelor’s degree academic transcript
- Original master’s degree academic transcript
- Original master’s degree certificate in English.
- Past fields of study in English — approximately 1 page.
- Research outline in English — Research outline which you plan to do at KUT, approximately 1 page.
- Two signed recommendation letters
- Original certificate of health in English issued within the past 6 months.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 15, 2017.