The Kochi University of Technology is offering a Special program (SSP) for April 2021 intake. This special scholarship is available for pursuing the doctoral degree program in the Department of Engineering.
The aim of the Special program is to enable and encourage academically able students from Japan and any nationality.
Great opportunity to get an award for covering degree program in Japan.
User Review( votes)
Kochi University of Technology (KUT), established in 1997, was originally a private university. This support, including scholarships, enables high-potential students to satisfy their ambitions and reach their career targets.
- Application Deadline: September 18, 2020
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing the doctoral degree program.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the Department of Engineering at Graduate School of Engineering.
- Award: Varies
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: Japanese and international students
- The award can be taken in Japan
- Eligible Countries: Japanese and international students can apply for these endowments.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants are required to meet all of the following conditions
- To hold a degree from an accredited institution comparable to the master’s degree offered at KUT after 18 years of education, or to be scheduled to acquire such a degree before the KUT enrollment date
- To be 35 years old or under at the time of enrollment
- To have an excellent academic record and strong bachelor’s and master’s degrees from reputable universities
- To have the intention, adequate knowledge and research skill to work in one of the designated research projects
- To have high English proficiency
- How to Apply: All the interested candidates must take part in a doctoral degree at the university. After that, they can complete the online application form for this award.
- Supporting Documents: You must submit all the following supporting documents:
- Original bachelor’s degree academic transcript
- Original master’s degree academic transcript
- Original master’s degree certificate in English.
- Past fields of study in English — approximately 1 page
- Research outline in English — Research outline which you plan to do at KUT, approximately 1 page
- Two signed recommendation letters
- Original certificate of health in English issued within the past 6 months
- English Language Requirements: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Kochi University of Technology will provide all the following study expenses:
Exemption from 30,000 yen entrance examination fee, 300,000 yen enrollment fee and 535,800 yen/year tuition fee. To support living expenses, 150,000 yen/month is paid as salary for research project work.
You must pay some amount of taxes from this salary. 150,000 yen is provided for travel and initial living costs. (given only to international applicants who are living outside Japan, and who have, or have the intention to acquire, “Student” status of Japanese residence at the time of entry into Japan)