Academia Sinica is now accepting applications for Taiwan International Graduate Program. The program grants fellowships every year for pursuing PhD study at partner universities.
The Taiwan International Graduate Program is a Ph.D. program, started in 2002, by Academia Sinica, the foremost research institution of Taiwan. In cooperation with top universities in Taiwan, Academia Sinica offers advanced, inter-disciplinary Ph.D. Programs, in nine fields that span the natural and physical sciences, as well as computational linguistics.
TIGP students will learn in all-English teaching and research environments and enjoy access to world-class faculty and state-of-the-art research facilities at Academia Sinica and partner universities.
Students from non-English-speaking countries are expected to read, write, comprehend and speak English in order to be admitted for graduate study. Applicants whose first or native language is not English are required to take a test of English proficiency as part of the application procedure.
- Application deadline: March 31, 2018
- Course Level: Program is available for pursuing PhD study at partner universities: National Taiwan University (Department of Chemistry, Institute of Biochemical Sciences), National Tsing Hua University (Department of Chemistry, College of Life Sciences), National Chung Hsing University (Graduate Institute of Biotechnology, Biotechnology Center), National Yang-Ming University (Institute of Bioinformatics), National Tsing Hua University (Institute of Bioinformatics and Structural Biology), National Chiao Tung University (Institute of Bioinformatics and Systems Biology), National Defense Medical Center (Graduate Institute of Life Sciences), National Yang-Ming University(Program in Molecular Medicine), National Central University (College of Earth Sciences), National Taiwan Normal University(Department of Life Science), National Yang-Ming University (School of Life Sciences), National Cheng Kung University (Institute of Clinical Medicine), National Tsing Hua University (College of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science), National ChengChi University (College of Science), National Tsing Hua University (Department of Chemistry), National Central University(Department of Physics), National Taiwan University (Department of Chemistry, Department of Physics), National Tsing Hua University (Department of Engineering and System Science), National Chiao Tung University (International PhD Program of Sustainable Chemical Science and Technology).
- Study Subject: TIGP offers twelve Ph.D. programs in 2018:
- Chemical Biology and Molecular Biophysics
- Molecular Science and Technology
- Molecular and Biological Agricultural Sciences
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Nano Science and Technology
- Molecular Medicine
- Earth System Science
- Interdisciplinary Neuroscience
- Sustainable Chemical Science and Technology
- Social Networks and Human-Centered Computing
- Scholarship Award: The stipend levels are about US$ 12,720 per year. Additionally, the support will be extended to two more years for those students who perform well academically.
- Number of Scholarships: Various scholarships are available.
- Nationality: International students
- Scholarship can be taken in Taiwan
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International students can apply for these scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements:
- Bachelor and/or Master of Science Degree: Applicants who have only completed the Bachelor’s degree are normally admitted into the Master’s Program and then advanced to the PhD Program upon completion of Master’s courses. Please note that Molecular and Cell Biology, and Earth System Science only accept applicants with a master degree.
- Academic Transcript: Formal transcripts from all enrolled colleges or universities should be sent to the TIGP Admissions Office. Transcripts may be sent directly by the Registrar of each institution or submitted with the application in sealed envelopes. Please provide an explanation for any non-standard grading system.
- English Proficiency Test Score: TOEFL, IELTS or GEPT (for local applicants) scores.
- English Language Requirements: A minimum overall Band Score of 5.5 on the Academic Test of International English Language Testing System (IELTS) taken within the past two years is required. (*The minimum IELTS requirement for Bioinformatics Program is 6.0.)
Introduction: Applications can be submitted through the on-line application system or by post.
How to Apply: Checklist of Application Materials:
- Application Form
- Academic Records (Transcripts) and Course Content Information
- Photocopy of Degree Certificates (Diplomas)
- Statement of Purpose and Research Plan
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- English Proficiency Certificates (TOEFL, IELTS, GEPT, etc.)
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) (if required by the program applied) 8. Thesis/ Paper or Other Scholarly Evidence (if required by the program applied)