Aberystwyth University is seeking UK/EU and Non-EU candidates to apply for the AberDoc PhD Scholarship in order to enhance applicant’s research, teaching and transferable skills.
The award is granting to the talented and ambitious students who wish to study the PhD degree program for the academic year 2020/21.
A great option for students to study in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1872, Aberystwyth University has almost 8,000 students studying across 17 departments and 3 academic faculties. It provides excellent teaching and world-class research environment.
Why at Aberystwyth University? By joining this university, students mix with inspiring academic staffs who are leading experts in their interested field. They have a good chance to reach their educational goals.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2020.
- University: Aberystwyth University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: £15,009
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Any
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: UK/EU and Non-EU applicants are eligible to apply for this application programme.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The studentships are available for pursuing PhD in any subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- have or expect to obtain at least upper second class honours in your first degree
- apply and be offered a place for doctoral study at Aberystwyth
- non-UK students must achieve IELTS 7.0, or equivalent (before the end of March 2020 at the latest)
- Be commencing your doctoral study in September 2020 or be a current AU PhD student.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity , applicants can apply both using online application mode and also offline by post or via e-mail.
- Supporting Documents: applicants will need to attach two copies of the following documents to their application (whether online or offline):
- References must be supplied for each application. Please see ‘essential references’ section for further information
- Copies of University transcripts (certified translated copies are required if the original document is not in English or Welsh)
- Copies of Degree certificates (certified translated copies are required if the original document is not in English or Welsh)
- A personal statement within 1-2 A4 pages
- Research proposal (for MPhil/ PhD applicants only)
- Curriculum Vitae (for Courses that require professional work experience)
- English language certificates (EU/International applicants only)
- Further supplementary documents are required by the Department of English and Creative Writing.
- Admission Requirements: Achievement of 7.0 in IELTS, or equivalent, as the normal case, for non-UK students.
- Language Requirement: IELTS & TOEFL tests accepted by Aberystwyth University for Postgraduate Study.
The scholarship covers the tuition fee and study-related expenses given below:
- The winners will receive a stipend of £4,327 per annum for up to three years plus.
- A maintenance allowance of approximately £15,009 per annum and access to a travel and conference fund max. £500 per annum.