Academia Sinica is now accepting applications for Taiwan International Graduate Program. The program grants fellowships every year for pursuing PhD study at partner universities.
The Taiwan International Graduate Program is a Ph.D. program, started in 2002, by Academia Sinica, the foremost research institution of Taiwan. In cooperation with top universities in Taiwan, Academia Sinica offers advanced, inter-disciplinary Ph.D. Programs, in nine fields that span the natural and physical sciences, as well as computational linguistics.
TIGP students will learn in all-English teaching and research environments and enjoy access to world-class faculty and state-of-the-art research facilities at Academia Sinica and partner universities.
Students from non-English-speaking countries are expected to read, write, comprehend and speak English in order to be admitted for graduate study. Applicants whose first or native language is not English are required to take a test of English proficiency as part of the application procedure.
- Application Deadline: January 31, 2019
- Course Level: Program is available for pursuing Ph.D. Programs, in nine fields that span the natural and physical sciences, as well as computational linguistics.
- Study Subject: TIGP offers twelve Ph.D. programs in 2019:
- Chemical Biology and Molecular Biophysics
- Molecular Science and Technology
- Molecular and Biological Agricultural Sciences
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Nano Science and Technology
- Molecular Medicine
- Earth System Science
- Interdisciplinary Neuroscience
- Sustainable Chemical Science and Technology
- Social Networks and Human-Centered Computing
- Scholarship Award: The stipend levels are about US$ 12,720 per year. Additionally, the support will be extended to two more years for those students who perform well academically.
- Number of Scholarships: Various scholarships are available.
- Nationality: International students
- Scholarship can be taken in Taiwan
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International students can apply for these scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements:
- Bachelor and/or Master degree In general, applicants must have earned a Bachelor’s degree and/or a Master’s degree by the time they apply for admission to the Taiwan International Graduate Program (TIGP). Applicants who have only completed the Bachelor’s degree are normally admitted into the Master’s Program and then advanced to the Ph.D. program upon completion of Master’s courses. Please note that Molecular and Cell Biology only accept students with a master degree.
- Academic transcript and Course content information Formal transcripts from all enrolled colleges or universities should be sent to the TIGP Admissions Office. Transcripts may be sent directly by the Registrar of each institution or submitted with the application in sealed envelopes. Please provide an explanation for any non-standard grading system. Transcripts or records of all courses, seminars and examinations, including grades, scores, grading scales, and conferrals of degrees, must be in English. All translations must be complete versions of the original records.
- In assessing your academic background, the admissions committee will find it useful to have additional information about the content of courses you have taken. On a separate sheet of paper, briefly describe the advanced courses you have taken in science and mathematics that are most relevant to your field of study. List the major topics covered, the names of the professors who taught these courses, and the authors of the textbooks that were used.
- English Language Requirements: Students from non-English-speaking countries are expected to read, write, comprehend, and speak English in order to be admitted for graduate study. Applicants whose first or native language is not English are required to take a test of English proficiency as part of the application procedure. One of the following language test scores must be provided for application. Please note that test scores submitted must be taken within the past two years. Applicants should ensure that the test score(s) be sent to the TIGP Admissions Office prior to the university registration day. These documents will not be returned to you. Although the English proficiency requirement for admission may vary in respective programs, the recommended requirements are as follows:
(1) TOEFL: A total TOEFL score of 79 on internet-based or 550 on paper-based test is strongly recommended as the minimum admission requirement for all programs. Please note that neither institutional TOEFL nor TOEFL-ITP will be accepted; only ETS International TOEFL (iBT or PBT) will be accepted. (2) IELTS: A minimum overall Band Score of 5.5 on the Academic Test of International English Language Testing System (IELTS) taken within the past two years is required. *The minimum IELTS requirement for Bioinformatics Program is 6.0. (3) GEPT: In addition to TOEFL and IELTS, applicants in Taiwan may take the General English Proficiency Test (GEPT), administered by the Language Training and Testing Center. Under this option, applicants must submit their high intermediate level certificate with the application.
Introduction: Applications can be submitted through the on-line application system or by post.
Welcome to TIGP Online Application!
Application System Requirements