The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK) is offering a fellowship program for foreign citizens. Fellowships are available for international highly qualified Ph.D. students and young post-doctoral researchers to pursue their research in Turkey.
The program aims to promote Turkey’s scientific and technological collaboration with countries of the prospective researchers.
The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBITAK) is the leading agency for management, funding, and conduct of research in Turkey.
Applicants who hold a Ph.D. degree in Turkey should have a GPA minimum of 3.50/4.00 in a Ph.D. program. Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for Ph.D. students and young postdoctoral researchers to pursue research at universities or research institutes in Turkey.
Study Subject(s): Fellowships are awarded in the field of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities.
Scholarship Award: Fellowship provides:
- The maximum duration of the fellowship is 12 months.
- A monthly stipend of 2,500 Turkish Liras.
- Travel costs (round trip up to 2,250 TL) and Health insurance premiums (up to 2,250 TL)*. In the case of approval of TÜB?TAK Department of Science
- Fellowships and Grant Programs (B?DEB) Steering Committee, travel costs and health insurance for the fellow may be partially covered.
- *All fellows should send the receipts of their travel and insurance expenses for the reimbursement via mail to TÜBITAK.
Scholarship can be taken in Turkey
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this fellowship:
- Applicants should be non-Turkish citizens. Applicants who hold dual citizenship with Turkey are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants should have an invitation from the universities or research institutes in Turkey.
- Applicants should certify that they have sufficient command of language to perform their research.
- Applicants must be 35 years old or younger.
- Applicants should be enrolled in a program in abroad for Ph.D. students.
- Applicants who hold a Ph.D. degree in Turkey should have a GPA minimum of 3.50/4.00 in the Ph.D. program.
Nationality: Foreign citizens (non-Turkish citizens) can apply for the research fellowship program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants who hold a Ph.D. degree in Turkey should have a GPA minimum of 3.50/4.00 in a Ph.D. program.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: All applications must be submitted electronically. Documents required are:
- Application form
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) for the applicant
- Research proposal
- A letter of acceptance from a university or a research institute in Turkey
- A motivation letter from the scientist in charge/advisor in Turkey
- Curriculum vitae and list of publications for the scientist in charge/advisor in Turkey,
- Language certificate
- BSc, MSc and Ph.D. transcripts
- Student certificates for Ph.D. students
- Permit for leave of absence from applicant’s institution for the applicants who is currently working ,
- Copy of Ph.D. Diploma for post-doctoral applicants,
- Copy of birth certificate or passport
- Two letters of recommendation
- Approval report of Ethics Committee the hosting institution.
Application Deadline: Application for the second term will be open from August 31, 2016, until October 07, 2016.