The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK) is offering a fellowship program for foreign citizens. Fellowships are available for international highly qualified PhD. students and young post-doctoral researchers to pursue their research in Turkey.
The program aims to promote Turkey’s scientific and technological collaboration with countries of the prospective researchers.
The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBITAK) is the leading agency for management, funding, and conduct of research in Turkey.
Applicants who hold a PhD degree in Turkey should have a GPA minimum of 3.50/4.00 in a PhD program. Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Application Open: September 3, 2018
- Application Deadline: October 5, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for PhD students and young postdoctoral researchers to pursue research at universities or research institutes in Turkey.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the field of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Scholarship Award: The Amount and Duration of the Support
- A monthly stipend of 2,500 Turkish Liras
- Travel costs (round trip up to 2,250 TL) and private health insurance premiums (up to 70 TL per month). *
Maximum duration of the support is 12 months.
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Nationality: Foreign citizens (non-Turkish citizens)
- Scholarship can be taken in Turkey
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Foreign citizens (non-Turkish citizens) can apply for the research fellowship program.
- Entrance Requirements:
- Being a foreign citizen,
- As from the deadline of the application, having registered to a doctoral program abroad and being successful in the PhD qualifying exam or having completed his PhD,
- Having an invitation letter from the universities or research institutes in Turkey*
- Certifying that they have sufficient command of language, which will be used in the proposed research,
- Being 35 years old or younger as from the application deadline.
*Those having received their doctorates from a university in Turkey are required to receive an invitation letter from a different university than his/her university that they received their doctorates, and carry out their research with an academic advisor(s) other than their doctoral thesis advisor.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: All applications must be submitted electronically. Documents required are:
- Application form
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) for the applicant
- Research proposal
- A letter of acceptance from a university or a research institute in Turkey
- A motivation letter from the scientist in charge/advisor in Turkey
- Curriculum vitae and list of publications for the scientist in charge/advisor in Turkey,
- Language certificate
- BSc, MSc and PhD transcripts
- Student certificates for PhD students
- Permit for leave of absence from applicant’s institution for the applicants who is currently working,
- Copy of PhD Diploma for post-doctoral applicants,
- Copy of birth certificate or passport
- Two letters of recommendation
- Approval report of Ethics Committee the hosting institution.