The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK) is offering a research fellowship programme for international highly qualified PhD students and young postdoctoral researchers. The maximum duration for the fellowship is 12 months.
The program aims to promote Turkey’s scientific and technological collaboration with countries of prospective researchers. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate the potential to contribute significantly to Turkey’s goal of international cooperation in scientific and technological development.
User Review( votes)
Application Deadline: October 9, 2015
- Programme Provider: The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK)
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for PhD students and young postdoctoral researchers to pursue research at universities or research institutes in Turkey.
- Study Subject(s): Fellowships are awarded in the field of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Number of award(s): Not Known
- Duration of award(s): Maximum duration for the fellowship is 12 months.
- The award can be taken in Turkey
- Applicants should be non-Turkish citizens. Applicants who hold dual citizenship with Turkey are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants should have an invitation from the universities or research institutes in Turkey.
- Applicants should certify that they have sufficient command of language to perform their research.
- Applicants must be 35 years old or younger.
- Applicants should be enrolled in a program in abroad for PhD students.
- Applicants who hold a PhD degree in Turkey should have a GPA minimum of 3.50/4.00 in the PhD program.
- The proposal will be evaluated according to the following 4 evaluation criteria:
- The research potential of the fellow.
- Scientific and technological quality of the research proposal.
- Impact of the proposed fellowship to the applicant’s training and career development to the hosting institution and to Turkey.
- Implementation of the proposed research.
How to Apply
- All applications must be submitted electronically via TUBITAK application portal.
- All accompanying required documents must also be uploaded electronically. In order to complete the application process, applicants must approve their applications on the application deadline.
- Applications not fulfilling any eligibility criteria, lacking any of the required documents will not be processed. During the application, the original copies of the required documents are not demanded. However, applicants who receive the fellowship must send the original copy of the required documents in order to be able to use their fellowships.
- A monthly stipend of 2.250 Turkish Liras.
- Travel costs (round trip up to 2250 TL) and Health insurance premiums (up to 2250 TL) (all fellows should send the receipts of their travel and insurance expenses for the reimbursement via mail to TÜBITAK). In case of approval of TÜBITAK Department of Science Fellowships and Grant Programs (B?DEB) Steering Committee, travel costs and health insurance for the fellow may be partially covered.