Koch Industries and the Charles Koch Foundation are offering up to 200 scholarships for U.S. students for the academic year 2017-2018. These scholarships are available to pursue the full-time four-year (undergraduate) degree programme.
The UNCF/Koch Scholarships Program (UKSP) is designed to teach students how to develop and apply an entrepreneurial mindset by exploring how the study of entrepreneurship, innovation and economics contribute to well-being for individuals, communities and societies.
UNCF (United Negro College Fund) is the nation’s largest and most effective minority education organization. The United Negro College Fund, or UNCF, is an American philanthropic organization that funds scholarships for black students.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue the undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are available in these subjects: Accounting, Business, Economics, Engineering, History, Philosophy or Political Science.
Scholarship Award: The UNCF/Koch Scholarships Programme offers:
- Scholarship Support of up to $5,000/year.
- Exclusive Access to an Online Learning Community about Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Economics.
- Mentoring Opportunities and Networking Access
Number of Scholarship: Two hundred scholarships are available.
Scholarship can be taken at US Universities
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for this scholarship:
- Be African American
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Be a high school senior
- Have a 2.7 minimum cumulative GPA
- Apply to or be admitted to, or enrolled in a full-time four-year college or university
- Pursue one of the seven eligible disciplines: Accounting, Business, Economics, Engineering, History, Philosophy or Political Science
- Submit a current FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Be willing to participate in an online community throughout their academic calendar year
- Be willing to attend the annual UKSP summit
- Must have an interest in entrepreneurship, innovation, and economics
Nationality: U.S. Citizen or permanent resident can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Students must be a high school senior and have a 2.7 minimum cumulative GPA.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via Post.
This Application System will remind you to “Invite References” until your recommender has been invited. This generates an e-mail to your recommender notifying him/her of your application and request for his/her recommendation. Your recommender should log on to the website and register as a reference using the invitation code and information contained in the e-mail, then cut and paste a letter of recommendation for you into the Essay text box.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is April 1, 2017.