The University of Birmingham is delighted to offer the Hong Kong Postgraduate Scholarship. This award covers the tuition fees for one year taught Masters course in any subject area.
The aim of the scholarship is to give support to Hong Kong students to pursue one-year Masters degree programmes at the University of Birmingham in the United Kingdom.
The University of Birmingham is a public research university. The university ranked 15th in the UK and 76th in the world. Birmingham City University is a large, diverse and increasingly popular place to study. The University has an enviable reputation for providing quality, student-focused education in a professional and friendly environment.
Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue postgraduate programme.
Study Subject: The scholarship is available in the subjects offered by the University.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship is a tuition fee award, worth up to the cost of a laboratory based course which is paid directly to the University of Birmingham.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Have resided in Hong Kong for 7 years preceding 1 October 2017;
- Be holders of a degree (or expect to gain a degree before September 2017) from an institution of tertiary education in Hong Kong;
- Have applied by 31 March 2017 for admission to the University of Birmingham through the University’s normal admissions procedures;
- Be eligible for admission to their intended course of study at the University of Birmingham
- The scholarship award will only be confirmed when the candidate has been offered a place at the University. The offer of a scholarship is not a guarantee of admission to the University);
- Be able to provide evidence satisfactory to the University of an adequate knowledge of written and spoken English;
- Should not have previously studied in the United Kingdom on a credit-bearing programme leading to a degree awarded by UK Institution; and
- Should be able to fund the remaining costs of their studies at Birmingham (including living costs) from other sources.
Nationality: Applicants of Hon Kong can apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be holders of a degree (or expect to gain a degree before September 2017).
English Language Requirement: In order to undertake a programme of study here at the University, applicants will need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply: The applicants can apply by online mode.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 31, 2017