The University of Sheffield is offering scholarships to international students starting a taught master programme in September 2017.
The University of Sheffield is a public research university in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. It received its royal charter in 1905 as successor to the University College of Sheffield, which was established in 1897 by the merger of Sheffield Medical School, Firth College and Sheffield Technical School.
Students must be proficient in written and spoken English, normally demonstrated by grade C or above in GCSE English Language or an acceptable English language qualification.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing the postgraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: University is pleased to offer the following scholarships
- £2,000 if tuition fees are between £16,000 and £18,000
- £2,500 if tuition fees are £18,001 and upwards
- If you are a student on MSc Global Marketing Management, your scholarship will be £1,250
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
- Students must have applied and held an offer for a study place and begin your postgraduate taught masters programme at the University of Sheffield in September 2017.
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with other University of Sheffield scholarships as long as the individual does not become fully funded, for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- Students must be self-funding and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- The scholarship will not be awarded where partial funding is applicable from an external body and there is an agreement already in place between the external body and the University of Sheffield to offer a tuition fee discount to the student.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying online or via distance learning are not eligible for the scholarships.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of a one year of scholarship split pro rata over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
- Overseas students registered on partnership programmes will only be eligible for a proportionate amount of scholarship reflecting the percentage of the programme studied at and percentage of the tuition fees paid to the University of Sheffield, e.g. studying a 50:50 course with the University of Sheffield and another institution where the fees paid to the University of Sheffield are £8000, a scholarship will be applied which represents 50% of the full scholarship amount.
Nationality: Scholarships are open to international students.
List of Countries: East and South Africa: Kenya, Uganda, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, South Africa, Tanzania, Mauritius; Latin America: Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Mexico, Paraguay, Panama, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela; South East Asia: Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Azerbaijan and Bangladesh, Canada, Ghana, India, Iran, Japan, Kazakhstan, Nepal, Pakistan, Russia, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Turkey, Ukraine, USA
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a bachelor degree or equivalent.
English Language Requirement: These are the qualifications most commonly presented by applicants. However, different courses require different levels of achievement in these qualifications.
- International English Language Testing Service (IELTS): Overall score of 6.5 or above, with at least 5.5 in each component
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE): Overall score of 176 or above, with at least 162 in each component
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): Overall score of 176 or above, with at least 162 in each component
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) : Overall score of 61 or above, with at least 51 in each component
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) internet-based test (IBT): Overall score of 88 or above, with at least 17 in Listening, 17 in Writing, 18 in Reading and 20 in Speaking
- University of Sheffield English Proficiency Test (USEPT) (graded as a percentage equivalent to IELTS point score, eg 65% = IELTS 6.5): Overall score of 65% or above, with at least 55% in each component
How to Apply: The scholarships will be awarded automatically – no application is required. Applicants can apply for postgraduate study using Postgraduate Online Application Form. Applicants will need to include certain documents to support their application, for example, evidence of your previous qualifications and a personal statement. They can supply these simply by uploading them to the relevant sections of your online application.
Application Deadline: Applicants must have applied for a study place by June 16, 2017.