The University of Waikato is inviting applications for International Excellence Scholarships. These scholarships are open to students who enrolling for the first time into a Foundation Studies, undergraduate or postgraduate programme.
The University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship was established to promote educational opportunities, foster internationalisation and support talented international students who are enrolling into foundation, undergraduate, or postgraduate programmes for the first time at the University of Waikato.
The University of Waikato, informally Waikato University, is a comprehensive university in Hamilton, New Zealand, with a satellite campus located in Tauranga.
Applicants whose first language is not English are required to provide satisfactory evidence of English language proficiency, generally in the form of an IELTS or TOEFL score.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing foundation, undergraduate, or postgraduate programmes except Doctor of Philosophy and Master of Philosophy.
Study Subject: Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
Scholarship Award: The Scholarship will have a value up to $5,000 and will be applied directly to the recipient’s tuition fees at the beginning of their University of Waikato studies.
Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
Eligibility: To be eligible, applicants must
- Be a citizen of a country listed in the regulations
- Be enrolling for the first time into a Foundation Studies, undergraduate or postgraduate programme1 at the University of Waikato,
- Not be classified as a domestic student,
- Be in receipt of a Conditional or Formal Offer of Place from the University of Waikato,
- Have met the English language requirements for admission, or completed a Certificate of Attainment in English at the University of Waikato, prior to beginning studies,
- Be commencing full-time study in the year of tenure and be intending to study at the University of Waikato for a minimum of 12 months,
- Be residing in NZ for the tenure of the scholarship,
- Not be coming to the University of Waikato via a sponsoring body2, and
- Not be coming to the University of Waikato on a Guaranteed Credit Arrangement3 or on a Study Abroad and Exchange Programme agreement.
Nationality: Citizens of USA, Canada; Latin America Brazil, Columbia, Mexico North America; Germany, UK, France, Norway (Europe); China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan (East Asia); India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Nepal (South Asia); Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Philippines (South East Asia) and Jordan (Middle East) and Kenya, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe (Africa) can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: All students applying to the University of Waikato must meet the appropriate academic and English language entry requirements. Faculties/Schools of Study may have additional entry requirements for some qualifications. All applications are considered on a case-by-case basis.
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are required to provide satisfactory evidence of English language proficiency, generally in the form of an IELTS or TOEFL score.
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted along with
a. An Application to Enroll (ATE) to the University of Waikato and must include a grading scale of your qualifications (this can normally be found on the reverse side of your academic transcripts), or a Conditional or Formal Offer of Place from the University of Waikato; and,
b. A personal statement (maximum 200 words) that sets out the following:
- What are your career goals/aspirations?
- How will an international education experience help you to achieve these goals
- What additional qualities/skills do you have that make you an ideal candidate for this scholarship and an ambassador for the University of Waikato?
Application Deadline: There is no set closing date.