The University of Waikato is now accepting applications for International Excellence Scholarships. These scholarships are open to students who are enrolling for the first time in undergraduate or postgraduate programmes at the University of Waikato.
All new international students who wish to commence their studies online in 2022 will be automatically awarded a 20% discount on their tuition fees and will receive a travel grant once the borders have reopened.
Great offer for international students to study in New Zealand with a $20,000 study fund.
User Review( votes)
The University of Waikato is a comprehensive university in Hamilton, New Zealand, with a satellite campus located in Tauranga. It is a consistent climber in the most prestigious international rankings.
Why study at the University of Waikato? This University is committed to providing world-class education and research portfolio, providing a complete and dynamic university experience, specialized in character, and strong international links for advance knowledge.
- Application Deadline: Applications for 2022 can be submitted at any time
- University or Organization: The University of Waikato
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate, a postgraduate degree
- Awards: NZD $ 20,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Numbers of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: International students
- Scholarships can be taken in New Zealand
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- be applying to enrol for the first time in either an undergraduate or postgraduate degree1 at the University of Waikato;
- have met the University of Waikato’s English language requirements for admission, or have an offer for the Certificate of Attainment in Academic English at the University of Waikato, prior to beginning any studies through UOW
- have received a conditional or unconditional offer of place from the University of Waikato
- have a minimum GPA-equivalency of B+.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Complete an Application to Enrol before you can have access to apply for scholarships and awards.
- Supporting Documents: As part of the application, the applicants must submit all the following required documents: their Conditional or Formal Offer of Place from the University of Waikato; and b) a personal statement that sets out the following
- In 100 words or less tell us why you want to study at the University of Waikato?
- In 100 words or less tell us how you will be a global ambassador for the University of Waikato?
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
The scholarship will have a value of up to NZD$20,000 and will be applied directly to the recipient’s tuition fees for their chosen programme/s of study once their enrolment is completed.