Academia Sinica (AS) is accepting applications for Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program. These fellowships are open for both domestic and international postdoctoral fellows to engage in frontier research at individual institutes and centers of Academia Sinica.
Academia Sinica (AS), the most eminent national research institution in Taiwan, provides a well-developed research environment for about 600 postdoctoral fellows.
The research institution is committed to providing AS and non-AS users efficient academic services. To achieve this goal, Department of Academic Affairs and Instrument Service (DAAIS) is placing many of its administrative processes online
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing postdoctoral research program.
Study Subject: Candidates can easily find their fields of interests in versatile areas of mathematics and physical sciences, life sciences, humanities and social sciences at AS.
Scholarship Award: Postdoctoral Fellows Program at AS consists of Academia Sinica Postdoctoral Fellows and (Regular) Postdoctoral Fellows. Both fellowships provide US$ 23,830 to US$ 34,350 as base annual salary (the exact amount is determined by candidate’s qualification).
Salaries: For Academia Sinica Postdoctoral Fellows, the annual salary is approximately NTD 1,011,000 ~ 1,133,000 and the salary scale consists of 4 grades. For Regular Postdoctoral Fellows, the annual salary is approximately NTD 780,000~ 950,000 and the salary scale consists of 6 grades. Salary will be determined by the research experience and qualification of the applicants.
Subsidies: Academia Sinica Postdoctoral Fellows will receive subsidies of economy class flight fares from home country and an additional US$ 4,500 as research expenditure for overseas conferences, laboratory equipment, etc.
Scholarship can be taken in Taiwan
Eligibility: Qualifications and Subsidies
Academia Sinica Postdoctoral Fellows:
- PhD degree obtained within last 4 years from local or foreign universities; outstanding record of publications; evidence of excellence in independent research.
- Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship provides air fares and additional US$ 4,500 as research expenditure (for overseas conferences, laboratory equipment etc.).
(Regular) Postdoctoral Fellows:
- PhD degree obtained within last 6 years from local or foreign universities; outstanding record of publications.
- Regular Postdoctoral Fellow may obtain additional subsidy after negotiation with the sponsoring Principal Investigator.
Nationality: Both domestic and international postdoctoral researchers can apply for these fellowships.
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have PhD degree obtained from local or foreign universities; outstanding record of publications.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply:
A. Find a Sponsoring Principal Investigator (PI) first : Applicant must first find a potential Principal Investigator at Academia Sinica to sponsor his/her application. Please contact the PI directly before the start of the application.
B. Online application
- Application must be made online. Applications for different fields of study or different fellowship are required to provide different materials.
- Applicants should follow the online instructions to submit requested materials such as a full curriculum vitae, a copy of diploma, reprints of publications, 3 letters of recommendation, a research plan (may be needed or not), etc. From principal investigators, a letter of acceptance, a research plan and a list of publications are required.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 1, 2016.