VU University Amsterdam is pleased to offer fellowships to international students of high academic ability for 2018-2019 entry. Fellowships are awarded to undertake postgraduate degree programme at the university.
University aims to assist students who require financial assistance with fellowships, specifically for overseas students.
VU University Amsterdam is a remarkable university with Christian roots, one which is involved with people and society. It is an open and internationally oriented academic community. It is a university that seeks renewal and which succeeds in making good use of the strength of the variety of academic disciplines, nationalities, ideologies and social convictions that exist in its environment.
The VU Fellowship Programme (VUFP) is a merit scholarship programme for strongly motivated students with excellent study results. The minimum English language proficiency requirements for admission to a master’s programme at VU University Amsterdam are: IELTS: 6.5 – please note that candidates must take the academic test and not the general one!, TOEFL paper-based test: 580, TOEFL Internet-based test: 92-93, Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE): A, B, C, Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): A, B, C and Vu-test English-language proficiency: TOEFL ITP.
- Application deadline: February 1, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available for pursuing masters degree at VU University in Netherlands.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in all subjects offered by VU University.
- Scholarship Award: The VUFP scholarship is a tuition fee waiver. VUFP scholarship does not provide any additional allowance towards study or living costs.
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Nationality: International students (who do not have Dutch nationality)
- Scholarship can be taken in Netherlands
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International students (who do not have Dutch nationality) are eligible for this VU Fellowship Programme.
- Entrance Requirements: The VU Fellowship Programme (VUFP) is a Merit scholarship programme for strongly motivated students with excellent study results. Eligible candidates must be able to prove their academic excellence, and they must be admitted to an English-taught Master’s degree at VU Amsterdam. Students with the Dutch nationality and/or a Dutch degree (given that the Dutch degree is used for admission) are not eligible for admission. Students following a one-year Master’s programme may not apply for the VUFP scholarship for a second year. Students already enrolled in a two-year Master’s programme who have not been awarded the VUFP scholarship in 2017/2018 are not eligible to apply for the VUFP scholarship 2018/2019. Only when a student was granted a scholarship from the beginning, then the scholarship can be extended if he/she achieved 100% of the credits of the first year. The Faculty VUFP committee will be asked to demonstrate to the Central VUFP committee that these credits have indeed been achieved.
- IELTS: 6.5 – please note that candidates must take the academic test and not the General one!
- TOEFL paper-based test: 580
- TOEFL Internet-based test: 92-93
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE): A, B, C
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): A, B, C
- Vu-test English-language proficiency: TOEFL ITP
- Some programmes have higher language proficiency requirements. Please see the webpage of programme for exact language proficiency requirements.
- For TOEFL and IELTS, the test must have been completed no more than two years before 1 September of the year in which course starts.
- For TOEFL and IELTS, the Test Institute can forward the results directly to our office. The institutional TOEFL code of VU is 7947.English Language Requirements: The minimum English language proficiency requirements for admission to a master’s programme at VU University Amsterdam are:
How to Apply: Students register for a master’s programme in Studielink and after that in the VUnet portal. Please note that applicants must have applied for the Master programme before they can apply for the VUFP scholarship. Then submit their VUFP application in VUnet. For VUFP application 3 documents are required:
- Proof of excellence/ GPA
- Motivation Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)