VU University Amsterdam is pleased to offer fellowships to international students of high academic ability for 2021 entry. Fellowships are awarded to undertake a postgraduate degree programme at the university. VU aims to assist students who require financial assistance with fellowships, specifically for overseas students.
VU University Amsterdam is a remarkable university with Christian roots, one which is involved with people and society. It is an open and internationally oriented academic community. It is a university that seeks renewal and which succeeds in making good use of the strength of the variety of academic disciplines, nationalities, ideologies, and social convictions that exist in its environment.
Best offer for international students to study a postgraduate degree with the study fund.
User Review( votes)
The VU Fellowship Programme (VUFP) is a merit program for strongly motivated students with excellent study results. The minimum English language proficiency requirements for admission to a master’s programme at VU University Amsterdam are IELTS: 6.5.
- Application deadline: February 1, 2021
- Course Level: Fellowship is available for pursuing a masters degree at VU University in the Netherlands.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in all subjects offered by VU University.
- Award: The VUFP scholarship is a tuition fee waiver. VUFP scholarship does not provide any additional allowance towards study or living costs.
- Number of Awards: Not given
- Nationality: International students (who do not have Dutch nationality)
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: International students (who do not have Dutch nationality) are eligible for this VU Fellowship Programme.
- Entrance Requirements: The VU Fellowship Programme (VUFP) is a Merit programme for strongly motivated students with excellent study results.
- Eligible candidates must be able to prove their academic excellence, and they must be admitted to an English-taught Master’s degree at VU Amsterdam. Students with the Dutch nationality and/or a Dutch degree (given that the Dutch degree is used for admission) are not eligible for admission.
- Students following a one-year Master’s programme may not apply for the VUFP funding for a second year. Students already enrolled in a two-year Master’s programme who have not been awarded the VUFP award in 2021 are not eligible to apply for the VUFP scholarship 2021.
- Only when a student was granted a scholarship from the beginning, then the program can be extended if he/she achieved 100% of the credits of the first year. The
- Faculty VUFP committee will be asked to demonstrate to the Central VUFP committee that these credits have indeed been achieved.
- How to Apply: Students register for a Master’s program in Studielink and after that in the VUnet portal. Here you can find more information on how to apply for one of our English taught Master’s programs. Then submit their VUFP application in VUnet. For the VUFP application 3 documents are required:
- Proof of excellence/ GPA
- Motivation Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- English Language Requirements: The minimum English language proficiency requirements for admission to a master’s programme at VU University Amsterdam are:
- IELTS: 6.5 – please note that candidates must take the academic test and not the General one!
- TOEFL paper-based test: 580
- TOEFL Internet-based test: 92-93
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE): A, B, C
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): A, B, C
- Vu-test English-language proficiency: TOEFL ITP
- Some programmes have higher language proficiency requirements. Please see the webpage of a programme for exact language proficiency requirements.
- For TOEFL and IELTS, the test must have been completed no more than two years before 1 September of the year in which course starts.
- For TOEFL and IELTS, the Test Institute can forward the results directly to our office. The institutional TOEFL code of VU is 7947.