Studying overseas can be expensive, so to help fund your graduate tuition costs at Eastern Mediterranean University, 100% & 50% Tuition Fee Scholarships are available for the 2023/24 academic year.
The tuition discount program is open to new international students and Turkish students considering applying for a master’s or PhD program at the Institute of Graduate Studies and Research.
Great offer to study in Turkey with a tuition fee scholarship.
User Review( votes)
Eastern Mediterranean University (EMU) offers associate, undergraduate, master degree, and PhD programs. Established in 1979, EMU is a public university located in Northern Cyprus. As a higher-education institution of technology for Turkish Cypriots, it also offers a variety of sports and social activities.
Why study at Eastern Mediterranean University? It is committed to ensuring our students can easily transition from the classroom into the workplace. Offers Course content includes both theoretical and practical components. EMU offers placements, internships, and scholarship opportunities for its graduate students.
Application Deadline: 10 February 2023. Applications are accepted twice a year for Fall and Spring semesters.
- University or Organization: Eastern Mediterranean University
- Department: Institute of Graduate Studies and Research
- Course Level: Graduate (master and PhD)
- Award: 100% and 50% Tuition-fee
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Turkey
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities, including Turkey
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded to PhD
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Prospective applicants are required to have a Bachelor’s Degree for Master’s programs and also meet departmental admission requirements.
- Applicants for Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programs must possess a master’s degree.
- For Master’s programs with thesis and PhD programs, the Turkish Republic citizens must have a program-relevant valid ALES score of a minimum of 55. GRE (mathematical) = 610 or GMAT= 450 are equivalent to ALES=55.
How to Apply
Prospective applicants are required to apply online.
- How to Apply: To start an application for the scholarship, applicants must be in the process for admission to a Master’s or Ph.D. degree program at Eastern Mediterranean University. Application for a scholarship can be made when completing the graduate program online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit all the following for the graduate program:
- An official transcript of all university-level (Bachelor / Master) courses taken. A comparative mark/grade table if CGPA on the transcript is not out of 4.00.
- Attested photocopies of diplomas received from a university or equivalent institutions (i.e. 4 years of study bachelor’s degree). English translations of these documents are necessary if they are in any language other than English.
- Documentation of scores received for English and academic proficiency exams/tests. This is not valid for the programs in which the medium of instruction is Turkish. Native speakers should indicate their place of birth and citizenship. All others should provide documents of any one of the below given English Proficiency Tests.
- Three letters of reference (not required for EMU graduates).
- a) Give details of any grants/scholarships that you have already been awarded (valid for your studentship at EMU) (add documents).
- b) Give details of any application(s) for a grant/scholarship that you have made (add documents).
- c) Statement of Purpose / Intention (Please submit on a separate sheet: Your purpose in applying to the program chosen, explaining your motivation as well as the areas of specialization which would be of interest to you within the discipline).
- d) A photocopy of your passport or I.D. card.
- e) A passport-sized (approx. 6 cm x 5 cm) photograph.
- f) Program-specific documents: Architecture (Ph.D. & Master): Portfolio.
- g) Proposal (for PhD program applications)
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must meet all the admission requirements before applying for a graduate degree program.
- Language Requirement: For master’s programs taught in English and all PhD programs (in English and Turkish), evidence of English language ability is required.
The Eastern Mediterranean University will provide all the following:
- Each PhD program can grant up to three 100% tuition fee scholarships or equivalent (mix of %100 and 50%) to new international students and Turkish nationals (separately)
- Each master’s program can grant three 100% scholarships and three 50% scholarships to Turkish nationals who will enroll in the program for the first time.
- In addition, a large number of %50 tuition fee scholarships are available for new international students in master’s programs. Application is open until registration is closed.