Applications are invited for the 2023 Mathematics and Computer Science: Faculty of Science and Engineering Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC) PhD Scholarships at Swansea University. Applicants have an opportunity to showcase their unique skills and innovative research ideas.
The program is open for Chinese National candidates who want to apply for a PhD program at the Faculty of Science and Engineering in the School of Mathematics and Computer Science, UK.
Nice offer to study PhD in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Swansea University was founded in 1920. It is a research-led institution with an excellent reputation for the quality of its student experience. SU provides around 450 bachelor courses, 280 masters taught, and 150 postgraduate research/ PhD courses.
Why study at Swansea University? Academic staff at Swansea University are passionate about their area of expertise and are bounded to assist students to build the skills and knowledge they will need to be successful in their careers.
Application Deadline: 27 February 2023 (23:59 GMT)
- University or Organization: Swansea University
- Department: Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: full cost of tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International from China
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: China
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for the full-time PhD program in various subject areas at the School of Mathematics and Computer Science. The school is pleased to welcome applications for CSC Scholarships, particularly in the areas of:
- Theoretical Computer Science
- Visual Computing
- HCI and Cybersecurity
- Algebra, Geometry, and Topology
- Analysis of Partial Differential Equations and Stochastic Differential Equations
- Computational Mathematics and Biomathematics
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Candidates must have attained, or must be expected to attain, a first-class honours degree and/or a distinction at the master’s level.
- Where applicants have multiple master’s degrees, a distinction must be held in the degree that is most relevant to the intended PhD study.
- If you are currently studying for a master’s level qualification, an ‘award’ is required to take place prior to enrolment and in good time to allow visa application/travel to take place.
- Applicants must be able to begin their course of study in October 2023. As a cohort-based program, deferral to an alternative enrolment window within the academic year or to another academic year is not permissible.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, applicants must complete an application online with the following information:
- Course choice: select Mathematics/ PhD / Full-time / 3 Year / October
- Start year: select 2023
- Funding (page 8):
- Are you funding your studies yourself?’ – select No.
- ‘Name of Individual or organization providing funds for study’ – enter ‘RS265 – CSC4′
- Supporting Documents: As part of the online application, applicants must upload the following documents:
- Degree certificates and transcripts
- A CSC statement (1,000 words maximum)
- Two references (academic or previous employer) on the headed paper or using the Swansea University reference form.
- Evidence of meeting English Language requirements (if applicable).
- Copy of Chinese National Residential Status (if applicable)
- CSC statement should include the following:
- An overview of academic interests and how they relate to the subject area in question, any relevant professional/employment experience, and/or any extra-curricular activities that may be relevant;
- a) A brief outline of your research idea, which could address
- b) The aims, objectives, and significance of the research
- c) Its alignment with the research themes in this advertisement
- d) The potential academic or societal impact of the research
- Admission Requirements: Entry requirements for individual courses can vary widely. If you are currently studying towards non-UK qualifications or hold a non-UK qualification, applicants must obtain a suitable equivalent for entry PhD at Swansea University.
- Language Requirement: If applicable – IELTS 6.5 overall (with a score of at least 6.5 in each individual component) or equivalent that is recognized by Swansea University. Details on the Swansea University English Language entry policy can be found here.
Swansea University will provide all the following: These scholarships cover the full cost of tuition fees only to successful Chinese National candidates to commence their study in October 2023.