Applications are open for 100-Year Vision Scholarship for orphaned students offered by the Ashinaga. This scholarship offers opportunities for students under the age of 22 from 35 Sub-Saharan countries to study at the world’s top universities in 2016.
Ashinaga presents the “100-Year Vision: Educational Support for Orphaned Students from Sub-Saharan Africa” aiming to provide higher education to 49 brilliant students from 49 Sub-Saharan countries, some of which are among the poorest in the world, and encourage them to become leading professionals in their own countries.
Amazing opportunity for claimants.
User Review( votes)
The application is open to orphans under 22 years old, who have already received their high school certificate.
- Course Level: Scholarship is awarded to provide higher education.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is available for learning different subjects and languages while preparing for enrollment in world-renowned universities.
- List of Subjects: Multiple Subjects
- Scholarship Award: Ashinaga provides full scholarship and living expenses for four years during the studies abroad.
- Scholarship can be taken at EU, US, South America, Australia and Canada
- The application is open to those who:
- Have lost one or both parents (and can submit an official document proving this)
- Have completed 12 years of education (primary and secondary school) within the last two years, or those who will complete 12 years of education
- Have citizenship and completed/completing high school in one of the following countries; Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Ghana, Cote ‘Ivoire, Gabon, Benin, Mozambique, Senegal, Togo, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, Angola, Djibouti, Sudan, Burundi, Botswana, Madagascar, South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Mauritius, Cameroon, DR Congo, Somalia, Nigeria, Gambia, Comoros, Republic of Congo, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde
- Are below 22 years old at the time of this application
- Are proficient in either English, French or Portuguese
- Have an outstanding academic performance at school
- Are able to participate in the two Ashinaga preparatory programs before attending university
- Are willing to contribute to society in Africa after graduating from university
- Have no dependents who could interfere with academic progress
- Be in good condition of health and capable of studying abroad
Nationality: Applicants from Sub-Saharan Africa are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications can be submitted online or via email or by post.
- Supporting Documents: Application documents to submit:
- Application forms with 1 photo ( page 5 to 7 only)
- 2 essays
- Copy of term reports/school transcripts (the last 2 years)
- Copy of General Certificate of Secondary Education(GCSE) / Baccalaureate
- Copy of death certificate of deceased parent(s) or alternative official document
- Copy of birth certificate 7. Recommendation letter from a principal or a class teacher
- Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have completed 12 years of education (primary and secondary school) within the last two years, or those who will complete 12 years of education by December 31, 2015
- English Language Requirement: Applicant should be proficient in either English, French or Portuguese.
Application Deadline: Closed