The Birkbeck University of London is inviting applicants for the 6 Fully-funded Postgraduate Research scholarships for the academic year 2021-20. UK/EU and International applicants are eligible to apply.
The aim of The grant is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
Nice opportunity for claimants
User Review( votes)
The School of Arts at Birkbeck, University of London offers diverse, innovative, exciting and creative prospectus, from one-day courses to PhDs.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Application Deadline: March 8, 2021
- Course Level: Applications are open to all students applying to undertake postgraduate research.
- Study Subject: Birkbeck welcome applications from candidates wanting to conduct doctoral research in all areas of the following fields in the School of Arts:
- Arts and Humanities
- Arts Management
- Cultural Studies
- English and Humanities
- History of Art, Architecture, Museum Cultures and Photography
- Film, Screen Media and Television
- French and/or German Comparative Literature and Culture
- Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Culture
- Number of Awards: Up to 6 fully-funded Birkbeck Postgraduate Research Scholarships beginning in 2021.
- Nationality: UK/EU and International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: UK/EU and International applicants are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Birkbeck Postgraduate Research The studentships are open to Home/EU and International applicants applying for a full-time M.Phil/PhD place within the School of Arts, starting in the 2021-20 academic year.
- Applications from Home/EU students for part-time study will also be considered (at an appropriate pro rata rate and extended duration).
- Exceptional School of Arts students currently enrolled in their first year of full-time, or first and second year of part-time study are also eligible to apply. Current students will not be required to interview.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- How to Apply: The application process incorporates two stages with 1) an application required to an MPhil/PhD programme within the School of Arts as well as 2) a funding application.
- You have to consult the general guidance on applying online for an M.Phil/PhD place. You can find a School of Arts Guide for Applicants here. Departmental online pages are full of information about staff and the research environment at Birkbeck that will help you develop your application.
- All prospective students are strongly advised to first make informal contact with a potential supervisor, and you are also welcome to contact the director of postgraduate studies (listed in the guide) in your chosen programme/department for advice.
The Birkbeck Postgraduate Research Awards will include a full fee waiver capped at the value of the full-time Home/EU rate for M.Phil/PhD degrees (currently £4,195), in addition to an annual stipend set at Research Council rates (currently £16,553; pro rata in the case of a part-time award).