Up to 12 PhD Positions within the International Doctoral Programme in Molecular Mechanisms of Disease (iMED) is available on offer at The University of Copenhagen. These positions are available for talented young researchers who want to pursue a PhD degree in life sciences.
The University of Copenhagen is the oldest university and research institution in Denmark. Founded in 1479 as a studium generale, it is the second oldest institution for higher education in Scandinavia after Uppsala University.
Applicants must have excellent language skills in English and have excellent communications skills.
- Applications Deadline: August 15, 2018
- Course Level: Positions are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Positions are awarded in the field of Life Sciences.
- Scholarship Award: The Marie Sk?odowska-Curie Actions offer attractive salary and working conditions. Salary, pension and terms of employment are in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State and according to the rules and regulations laid down by European Union’s Horizon 2020 Marie S. Curie COFUND programme. Depending on seniority, the monthly salary begins around 26,400 DKK (ca. 3,400 EUR) plus pension.
The appointment as PhD fellow is for 3 years. It is conditioned upon the candidates’ successful enrolment in the PhD programme. This requires submission and acceptance of an application for the specific project formulated by the candidate during an initial short-term employment of 3 months as a research assistant.
The PhD study must be completed in accordance with The Ministerial Order on the PhD programme (2013) and the University’s rules on achieving the degree.
- Nationality: These positions are available to international students.
- Number of Scholarships: 12 PhD positions at Biotech Research and Innovation Centre (BRIC), University of Copenhagen.
- Scholarship can be taken in Denmark
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: These positions are available to international students.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The programme is open for motivated researchers with a Master degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field and maximum three years of experience since issuing of the degree at the time of application. Applicants with an MD can have up to five years of experience. Prolonged career breaks are taken into account (parental leave, illness, military- or civil service).
Mobility is required and applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activities (work etc.) for more than 12 months in Denmark in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline. Also, applicants may not have been employed at UCPH more than three months prior to the application deadline.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below. The application must include the following:
- Motivation letter (Cover Letter)
- Diploma and detailed transcripts of records (MSc and BSc)
- List of 1-2 referees (template available on imed.ku.dk to be used)
- Mobility Declaration (template available on imed.ku.dk to be used)
- Documentation for Career Breaks (if any)
- Other relevant information for consideration
Please carefully read the detailed description of eligibility criteria and requirements of the application in the Applicant’s Guide found at www.imed.ku.dk Receipts of the applications will be acknowledged, and the applicant will be kept continuously informed of the progress of the application.