The Faculty of Arts at Umeå University offers a wide variety of Ph.D. courses and programs, world-leading research, and excellent innovation and collaboration opportunities.
The Faculty of Arts at Umeå University develops the Humanities and invests in future Areas of Excellence. The Faculty offers a wide variety of Ph.D. courses and programs.
A perfect choice to study Ph.D. research program.
User Review( votes)
The Faculty particularly advances research within Digital Humanities and Global Challenges. Ph.D. students are affiliated with Umeå´s Faculty of Arts Doctoral College and will have access to funding for internationalization.
Sliperiet is a cross-disciplinary, collaborative and experimental platform at the Umeå Arts Campus. Sliperiet is a part of Umeå University, located at Umeå Arts Campus adjacent to the river. It is a place where researchers, businesses, students, entrepreneurs, and creatives meet to develop and realize ideas.
University or Organization: The Faculty of Arts at Umeå University
Course Level: Ph.D. research program
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Students of Sweden
The program can be taken in Sweden
Application Deadline: Closed
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- To be admitted to studies at the third-cycle level, the applicant must meet both general and specific eligibility requirements.
- This scholarship is available to the students of Sweden.
- General requirements: a Master’s or equivalent degree in a relevant field, having completed course requirements worth at least 240 credits, of which at least 60 credits must be at second-cycle level, or in some other way – either in Sweden or abroad – having acquired equivalent knowledge.
How to apply
- How to Apply: To apply, applicants need to apply an application must be registered in Umeå University’s e-recruitment system no later than 9 March 2018.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit the CV, the transcript from the Ladok student registry, Copies of relevant BA and MA theses, Research plan, motivation letter.
- Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Ph.D. students will mainly devote themselves to their own education at third-cycle level.
- Employment as a Ph.D. student will be for the time deemed necessary for the completion of research studies at a normal rate of study, which corresponds to a full-time position for four years.
- An initial contract of 12 months is extended with up to two years at a time provided that the individual study plan is followed.
- A Ph.D. student may to a limited extent also work with teaching and administration up to a maximum of 20 percent of full-time.
- The period of employment may thus be extended up to a maximum of five years. The entry-level salary is 26 500 SEK and rises in three steps to 31 000 SEK.