Magnify your academic skills and new quantitative methods in the field of Quantitative Biology by applying for fully-funded scholarships. These funding opportunities are offered by the University of Lausanne for the session 2020/21.
The programmes are available for international students who want to pursue PhD degree coursework at the university. The main goal of this programme is to provide opportunities for professional training and the acquisition of highly transferable skills.
A great opportunity is open for international students to get a fully-funded PhD program in Switzerland.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1537, the University of Lausanne is one of the best research-focused universities located in Lausanne, Switzerland. It offers a wide range of continuing education and interdisciplinary courses.
Why at University of Lausanne? This university provides a strong research learning and training environment. Students will receive various job placement opportunities at the end of their study.
Application Deadline: October 15, 2019
- University or Organization: University of Lausanne
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Fully Funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 15
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Switzerland
- Eligible Countries: Overseas participants are eligible.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The program will be awarded for the PhD degree in Quantitative Biology
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Applicants must have a master’s degree in a relevant area. There are three types of PhD students can apply for this grant:
- Students with a life science degree, interested in working in an experimental lab, but with a high degree of motivation to learn the fundamentals of computational biology, and to develop quantitative skills to analyze data more effectively
- Students with a life science degree interested in working in a dry computational lab, keen to deepen their quantitative skills and broaden their horizon in terms of experimental and computational techniques
- Students with a non-biological background (e.g. computer science, maths, physics), who are highly motivated to transition to Life Sciences
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Aspirants are suggested to take part in a PhD degree program at the university. And then apply for the grants through completing the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide curriculum vitae, the names and contact details of 2-3 referees, motivation letter, and master’s thesis summary.
- Admission Requirements: A successful candidate must have completed a master with a non-biological background (e.g. computer science, maths, physics)
- Language Requirement: A high level of written and spoken English proficiency is required since most scientific activities are conducted in English.
Benefits: The university covers full tuition fee plus a monthly stipend to high achieving participants.