The International Atomic Energy Agency is now launching a very beneficial PhD Sandwich Fellowships programme for the academic year 2020/21.
There are 20 awards available for talented students/scientists who want to pursue a PhD degree at Chartered Universities in Africa.
A worthy opportunity for African students to get study fund for PhD Sandwich program in Africa
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1957, the IAEA is the world’s centre of cooperation in the nuclear field. Its global standard-setting projects provide a framework for the equitable participation of Member States on a worldwide scale.
Why should apply for Sandwich programme? By joining the programme, students will gain advance knowledge in AFRA Regional Strategic Cooperative Framework and develop/enhance their human resources capacities.
Application Deadline: September 18, 2020
- University: International Atomic Energy Agency
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: At least 20
- Nationality: African candidates
- The award can be taken in Africa
- Eligible Countries: African Countries
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The PhD Sandwich Fellowship Programme focuses on the following regional priority thematic areas:
- Food and Agriculture
- Human Health and Nutrition
- Water resources management
- Nuclear Engineering
- Industrial Applications
- Energy Planning
- Climate Change and
- Radiation Safety
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must have a master’s degree from a recognized university.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants who meet the above-mentioned qualifications are requested to complete and submit application form through the online InTouchPlus platform http://intouchplus.iaea.org) for the fellowship.
- Supporting Documents: The following required application materials must send to Division for Africa:
- The candidate’s Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of the duly certified Master’ degree
- Transcripts of the Master’ degree NB: Preference will be given to candidates with at least upper second class honours degree.
- An official letter from the candidate home university confirming that the candidate is registered and enrolled in the PhD programme
- A Letter of admission to a foreign University
- A language certificate from a certified language centre
- A recent medical certificate from an authorized Medical Consultant.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission applicants must have a previous year degree
- Language Requirement: Demonstrate the English language ability through the IELTS test.
International Atomic Energy Agency will provide all the following study expenses:
- Training fees (registration fee, bench fee, course fee and examination fee) paid to then foreign University
- Return airfares
- Medical insurance and a
- Monthly Stipend to cover accommodation, food costs and training/research materials